My Thoughts

Good:
The downtown city area may be smaller than in previous games... But at least all the streets don't feel to similar. I never get lost when needing to find a specific location. Because that was the problem with Steelport, it was all city, and things started to feel very similar no matter where you went.

Big open deserts with many secrets and Easter eggs to discover.

I just love the Criminal Ventures. And the return of Mayhem & Insurance Fraud is just such a plus.

I don't care what anyone says, I'm invested in the main story, and I don't know what Volition classes as a "Mission", but there are way more than 25.

Discoveries... There's a lot to find, and it just extends my game time.

Decorations... I didn't think I'd like these, but some of them are turning out to be pretty fun to find and display at the Church.

Planet Saints is just great in every way.

The Dojo Venture is the one I had the most fun on. Nice little story involving a lot of Melee Weapons.

Wanted App moves up to Good because of the in-depth stories each one has.

"Find The Fork" Quest, loved that. Even if the last few steps don't actually mean anything and just have you looking like a conspiracy nut stood outside a small shack wielding a baseball bat while decked out in pink threads.

Meh:
I can live with glitches, I've been playing that busted PC port of SR2 for years, so any and all glitches I can forgive.

Side Hustles... They're there and some are re-playable, but I can take 'em or leave 'em.

Bad:
What is the point of being able to customize a crew you can't have follow you in free roam?

The crew's vehicles are not customizable, you can just select which ones they use... Very misleading.

Volition said you don't have to play all the Criminal Ventures, but you kinda do, if you want full map completion.

No Outfit saves. I hate having to recreate every outfit from scratch. Just let me save my outfits so I can switch between them without reselecting the colours and materials every single time.

While the Saints Tower is a sweet final Venture, it would have been better if there was an actual enterable penthouse on top.

On a similar subject, Santo Ileso needs more enterable buildings.

It seems as though I can never unlock Doc Ketchum's Horse now, as I already did the Boot Hill Mission, but did not get the horse... Unless I'm missing something.

They said that the glitch with not being able to wear necklaces with jackets would be fixed in the full game... Instead all we get is a little text box that tells us that necklaces are not compatible with jackets... More misleading information.

No Monster Trucks in gang customization, and only 11 vehicles to choose from in total, but some of them are just the same vehicle with a different skin... WTF?

More to say soon, but I'm heading back into the game right now...

Last edited:
> Volition said you don't have to play all the Criminal Ventures, but you kinda do, if you want full map completion.

Duh.

> No Outfit saves. I hate having to recreate every outfit from scratch. Just let me save my outfits so I can switch between them without reselecting the colours and materials every single time.

Is this an actual problem you are having? My game still doesn't have any patches and it works fine

> No Outfit saves. I hate having to recreate every outfit from scratch. Just let me save my outfits so I can switch between them without reselecting the colours and materials every single time.

Is this an actual problem you are having? My game still doesn't have any patches and it works fine
Wardrobe in SR2, SRTT, SRIV had menus for individual clothing items, but they also had a menu for custom outfits that you can save instead of having to put each individual item of clothing back on your character...

That's what's missing, I cannot save several outfits in my wardrobe, I have to reselect each item of clothing, then reselect the colours/materials every single time I switch my clothes.

Have you ever played a previous SR game, it's been a noteworthy feature since SR2?

I'll be honest, I started out with mix feelings about this game but after that game breaking bug, I stopped playing it and after thinking about and letting things settle I sadly realize I just don't like it.

This has to be my least favorite saints row game. For starters, they too away quite a few staples of the franchise like robbing stores, mugging, recruiting saints off the streets. very few of the ventures are worthwhile as a few are drive from a to b with variations. While the new map is better than saints row three, it's hampered with how lifeless it feels. I mean, you have more nods for npc's to do more stuff than walk around I just feel like more could have been done to make the city more alive.

The story was forgettable. I guess I should be thankful it didn't take them three games to become the saints unlike some of the reboots of other franchises but it felt like they were playing it safe. The lieutenants didn't gel with me, like Kevin for example. For a guy with lots of connections, that plot point wasn't really used as well as it should have been and instead they focused on his shirtlessness and his love of food. The humor was hit or miss, mostly miss but I should point out that the dustmoot was the best part of the game because you can actually see why the four are friends. Honestly, the story shouldn't have them start all buddy buddy. three of the four are from rival gangs and the atmosphere should be a bit more tense and have Eli and the boss bring them together.

Then there's the antagonists who were mostly just there to be conquered and killed. In the previous games, we would have cutscenes with them showing their personalities, their motives, what made them kick. Then there's the final baddies, who I won't spoil but it's obvious who it is. I do not have an issue of fighting them but it's their motivations and how quick it was that I have a problem with.

Best thing about the game is the customization including the cars and there are genuine fun moments to be had in here but that's what infuriates me. When I play this game, I see the potential it had and yet the ball was dropped. between my complaints above and the bugs, I'm just dissappointed and wonder what happened?

Wardrobe in SR2, SRTT, SRIV had menus for individual clothing items, but they also had a menu for custom outfits that you can save instead of having to put each individual item of clothing back on your character...

That's what's missing, I cannot save several outfits in my wardrobe, I have to reselect each item of clothing, then reselect the colours/materials every single time I switch my clothes.

Have you ever played a previous SR game, it's been a noteworthy feature since SR2?
You can save outfits though. Just save the character and press "Apply outfit"

You can save outfits though. Just save the character and press "Apply outfit"
Well that's what I have been doing, but that also takes up character slots, and if you happen to hover over a different character, the character you pick will have that other character's underwear... Which is a whole other thing.

Back