Vehicles Motorized Vehicle Audio Sounds is rather disappointing

So,

I like to believe I am not the only one that feels this way about motorized vehicle sounds including motorcycles. This has been an issue in previous Saints Row titles and unfortunately it stuck around into the latest Reboot. Imagine, your driving from "The Church" in Saints Row Reboot, all the way to the Desert Wildlands near Lakeshore, it doesn't matter what type of car or motorcycle you drive, the "GEAR SHIFTS WAY TO QUICKLY" and all sudden for the rest of 3000miles/meters it takes to get to that destination you ending up listening to an endless audio loop as if the car just ran out of gears to shift. I really hoped this area of the game would have improved but it did not and it is quite disappointing.

I hate to say it but in GTA V, you can drive a long distance while the car shifts normally like a real car and not lose gears and end up with an endless audio loop.

Here is a great example of how a car should be shifting in a video game. (Example: Forza Horizon 5). From 01:34 to 01:50 notice how it's normally shifting gears. Now go back to 01:34 and play it back at x2 Playback Speed. Since 2x is the max playback speed on Youtube, imagine the playback speed of 3x-4x. This is what it sounds like in Saints Row Reboot. It is as if all audio engine sounds were set to a higher playback speed.

The same can be said for Motorcycles, Motorbikes, Dirt bikes in Saints Row. They all sudden just run out of gears to shift because everything is set to a higher speed and you just end up with an endless audio loop until you stop your car.

Motorbike example: (Real Life)

I hope once Official Mod Support and the Mod Kit is available, someone can fix this issue by overhauling the Car/Motorcycle sounds and fix the gear shifting issue and make it shift like a normal car when driving. It would be nice if someone can update the Vehicle Engine sounds with more modern sounds. That would be cool.

Back