Motor Madness, a Vehicle Handling Mod

Added: new folder for MLVNRT's suggested edits, including 3POV camera and vehicle group (for experimental, adjusted torque upgrade values). Separate MERGED, as usual. NOTES: using vehicle_groups.xtbl may require a new game or save game editing (with another tool found here on the forums). RECOMMENDED: Tire size settings in game of 19x3 low profile and 22x4 normal profile for OPTIMAL results. "Punchy", greater grip at higher speeds (still traveling at very high torque, expect catastrophic collisions) and gear ratio is as good as it gets with the limited settings. This is very drivable, for such high throttle power. Some drifting results in two wheels or three wheels on ground...with bounce that "feels" like it comes from torque.

Since I get a error dump every time I ALT+F4, I can count how many times I adjusted settings: 428 crash dumps from ALT+F4ing...just this update since last upload, with nominal testing times up to 20 minutes of speeding around and jumping and turning and crashing into things. So, time and real effort were put into this update candidate. :) Let me know if I came close to expectation.

AAACK!!!

Seems vehicle_groups.xtbl settings don't "stick" after a save.
Tested:
New game->settings work; load the save afterword->don't work;
Old game + upgrade new car->settings work; load the save afterword->don't work;
Don't work=uses vanilla settings (mainly, torque adjusted away from vanilla...oddly, cost values "stick".

REALLY wish this would work, cuz so much more to mod if it did. Until then, I am working on finalizing Hammerhead's super-charged-hang-on-to-your-arse-fast-as-greased-alley-shite modification...moar BIG AIR, grip-blending (before-during-after drifting/burn-outs).

This does mean that non-upgraded hammerheads will be pretty damn fast too, which was one thing I wanted to change: making torque upgrades really feel like upgrades. I suggest removing vehicle_groups.xtbl until something is figured out that it will work. Upcoming update will include MLVNRT's suggested edits, the Criminal truck and possibly the Keneda. :)

Update/add:
UPDATE-Hammerhead-good as it gets...I can't keep the feeling of the drive and change anything else. If you like fast, sticky and fun...this is the car.
ADDED-Bootlegger-basing on adjustments made to the muscle car "Hammerhead", I present the NEW Bootlegger. Quick, but slow enough that you can use it for missions. A little bit sloppy, but only if you push. 700+ crash dumps for this one...and I am not sure I am totally satisfied with the results.

Cams for MERGED updated for these two vehicles, with separate cam tables for them if the user wishes...and a Vanilla/Default in case there is a need to have it other than testing...cuz just remove if you don't like the cameras.

Note that my adjustments are being dictated by priority provided by the games' default homie and deliverable vehicles (homies will drive the vehicles I've chosen to modify, first...other vehicles may follow depending on whether I deem it worthy of changing).

11 downloads of the MLVNRT edits, not bad. Yall might like my final version of the Hammerhead...but it is hard to drive during missions etc. Traffic never does what you expect. ;)

Always open to suggestion. Hope Yall enjoy my modifications.

Dusted off SR3 for some vehicular mayhem, and forgot that the Bootlegger really likes to roll. This was sad, as I love the way the car handles otherwise.

And hey, thank you for this! No more rolling 4 times upon jumping a curb at walking speed! Hooray! Note that I did mot much care for the camera mods, so I did not install them. Zero issues.

Now to see if I can apply the same physics to the Vortex. For some reason, that car is sloppy as a drunken prom date.

Back