Mod is broken, what should I do?

Admixon

So as we all know SR4 got an amazing update everybody been waiting for and it's the Re-Elected update. It adds crossplay but also... breaks a ton of mods. Many new people joined the forum recently because the game is also available on Epic but sadly they can't enjoy the modded game either.

What can you do to enjoy the game with old and new mods? I have good and bad news:
1. Good news - if you own the game on Steam and you were forced to update it you can revert back the update and here's the tutorial how to do it:
Or use the legacy build (yes, the finally fixed it)
1. Right click on your game in your steam library
1671264928328.png

2. Go to betas tab and select sriv_legacy
1671265084173.png

2. Good news - if you own the game on GoG you can use a Rollback feature to switch the version to the previous one. Here's a tutorial how to do it but I'm not sure if it works:

3. Bad news - if you own the game on Epic... well... SR4 was never released on Epic before so you can't revert the update there so you need to wait for an update (if there's any planned) that will fix that. You can also play with F13's mod comilation that works with the newest version of the game:

Update: Volition are aware of the problem with mods and they're currently working on a fix. It's not confirmed how long it will take so be patient

Last thing: please don't spam mod creators their mods don't work. We know that but we can't do much about it. My friend had to remove almost all of his workshop mods because he got flooded by comments of people saying his mods don't work. It's not our fault the they don't work anymore. Blame Deep Silver who released this shitty update (every mod worked fine before it but they had to change something in the game's code) not us.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I hope this is the correct place to post this but I did the exact process mentioned above and my game is crashing after the amd logo (no legal screen).

Any suggestions would be appreciated as it seems I bought this game in the literal worst moment ever.

I hope this is the correct place to post this but I did the exact process mentioned above and my game is crashing after the amd logo (no legal screen).

Any suggestions would be appreciated as it seems I bought this game in the literal worst moment ever.
What version of the game?

What version of the game?
Hey Admixon, thanks for the reply.

I'm on the steam version, I followed the steam article above but even with just 1 mod my game crashes.

I'm redownloading all the depot files and sr4 from scratch as suggested by a user on steam discussion.

Hey Admixon, thanks for the reply.

I'm on the steam version, I followed the steam article above but even with just 1 mod my game crashes.

I'm redownloading all the depot files and sr4 from scratch as suggested by a user on steam discussion.
Redownloaded the depos and the game is now working fine, I'm getting a glitch where everything looks white or atleast most of the textures, but Ill try isolating the mods.

Set all your Steam games to "Update on launch" .
Other clients you can probably find a setting to not auto download anything until you click download.

So as we all know SR4 got an amazing update everybody been waiting for and it's the Re-Elected update. It adds crossplay but also... breaks a ton of mods. Many new people joined the forum recently because the game is also available on Epic but sadly they can't enjoy the modded game either.

What can you do to enjoy the game with old and new mods? I have good and bad news:
1. Good news - if you own the game on Steam and you were forced to update it you can revert back the update and here's the tutorial how to do it:
Or use the legacy build (yes, the finally fixed it)
1. Right click on your game in your steam library
View attachment 34225
2. Go to betas tab and select sriv_legacy
View attachment 34226

2. Good news - if you own the game on GoG you can use a Rollback feature to switch the version to the previous one. Here's a tutorial how to do it but I'm not sure if it works:

3. Bad news - if you own the game on Epic... well... SR4 was never released on Epic before so you can't revert the update there so you need to wait for an update (if there's any planned) that will fix that. You can also play with F13's mod comilation that works with the newest version of the game:

Update: Volition are aware of the problem with mods and they're currently working on a fix. It's not confirmed how long it will take so be patient

Last thing: please don't spam mod creators their mods don't work. We know that but we can't do much about it. My friend had to remove almost all of his workshop mods because he got flooded by comments of people saying his mods don't work. It's not our fault the they don't work anymore. Blame Deep Silver who released this shitty update (every mod worked fine before it but they had to change something in the game's code) not us.

Thank you.
Thank you, didnt knew Legacy Mode worked!

I couldn't get Legacy Mode to work at all, but I did finally just uninstall SRIV from my PC completely then re-install it, and that worked for starting a brand new save, but my old saves wouldn't load. I was able to play a 0% to 100% save with no problems. I think The Artist Formerly known As Volition did some updates and patches, though, because now I seem to be able to load the older saves, BUT I keep getting this weird message when I do about not having some of the DLC and needing to re-download it. Whatever, I don't need those old saves anyway.

At least the game is working again.

Sorry for the double post. Is there any fixes to the new version of the game to allow mods to be used?

Back