Mod file directory redirector

I decided to bite the bullet and add the caching of the mod directory data. This means that this version now supports as many mod directories as you want.

To use this facility just create a text file and in that text file create a list of the directories you wish to search for mod files in, with each directory on it's own line. i.e.

modlist.txt said:
c:\mod directory one
mod directory two
e:\my mods\mod directory three

To add the default Saints Row directory use a single period "." as the name of the directory.

If 2 or more directories have the same mod file then the first most listed directory has the highest priority, with the priority decreasing as it goes down the list.

To use your newly created mod directory list start the game with the command line parameter -looselist:<name of your text file>.

@newhalo123 I'll port the mod to SRTT sometime within the next couple of days. I need to test that it works OK first (as I do all my testing with SRIV first).

Attachments

• SR4 Redirection 3.7z
    68.5 KB · Views: 415
Great job once again Scanti, This is pretty epic now as we can have folder named after the mod thats in them :D, does this slow down the game by much all the diffrent folders as im guessing it extends the search time for the files?

It shouldn't slow down the game as I now cache all the directory data in the computer's memory. It's basically a list of:

The file name of the mod file -> actual location of the mod file.

This means I don't have to search the filing system each time the game asks for a file, just the directory cache. In fact if you have a slow hard drive it may actually be slightly faster than the vanilla game.

Hi scanti, before anything else thanks for your great tool, it helps to sort/organize the mods a great deal! :)

Now I have a problem with the "Alternate Stand Animations" mod that doesn't work with your tool, I reported the problem in the mod's thread here.

Last edited:
Back