Mod file directory redirector

Quick question. Is there any way you could make this work for The Third? I know most of you would rather play Iv, but as I currently do not have IV and only own TT, it would be great if this could work with TT as well.

All you mention in the OP is SRIV, so if it DOES work with TT, could you update the post and readme accordingly?

I did skim through the posts, but I didn't see if someone asked this already, so I apologize if it has already been asked.
I don't think it will work with SRTT because there are differences between the version of steam_api.dll for SRTT and the one for SRIV.

As long as SRTT uses the same method for loading data it shouldn't be too difficult to create a version for SRTT. Hopefully it should just be the case of modifying a couple of lines.

I don't think it will work with SRTT because there are differences between the version of steam_api.dll for SRTT and the one for SRIV.

As long as SRTT uses the same method for loading data it shouldn't be too difficult to create a version for SRTT. Hopefully it should just be the case of modifying a couple of lines.

Thanks! I did try it to be sure, and no, it doesn't work with TT.

I'll have a look when I get some free time and create a SRTT version.

I've just tested the SRIV version of this utility with the new patch that just came out and it still works OK. In fact you don't even need to update the steam_api.dll as the update didn't overwrite it.

I'll have a look when I get some free time and create a SRTT version.

I've just tested the SRIV version of this utility with the new patch that just came out and it still works OK. In fact you don't even need to update the steam_api.dll as the update didn't overwrite it.
Thank you very much!

I have created a new version of the mod file redirector (now version 2).

I have added support for vpp_pc files. They are now redirected and if the file doesn't exist in either redirected directories then the game will use the vanilla version of the file in the game's root\packfiles\pc\cache directory.

You now have 2 levels of redirection. You can set a base directory and a second level redirection directory. I think 2 levels should be enough. The game will check for mod files in the order of loose, loosebase (and in the case of vpp_pc files the vanilla game folder).

If enough people want more than 2 levels of redirection I may add it but the way the code is written at the moment each level of redirection will slow down file access. Too many levels of redirection and I could end up slowing the game down. So in order to add several levels of redirection I will have to cache the directory information which will remove any problems slowing down the game. (At the cost of how much memory the game has access to).

There is also a parameter to basically turn off the game's mod support. i.e. the game will run as if you haven't installed any mods. Handy for testing to see what impact turning your mod on and off will have.

Attachments

• SR4 Redirection 2.7z
    47.5 KB · Views: 437
could you port version 2 to SRTT please?

Ok i need to clarify some things.
If i put the mod files in a folder called Mods i would add -loose: Mods to the command line is that correct? Also if i am using .vpp_pc files do I keep them in their sub folders or do i put them into the Mods folder directly?

Ok i need to clarify some things.
If i put the mod files in a folder called Mods i would add -loose: Mods to the command line is that correct? Also if i am using .vpp_pc files do I keep them in their sub folders or do i put them into the Mods folder directly?

If the Mods folder is in the Saints Row directory then you would use -loose:Mods. If it is somewhere else you would use the full path name. e.g. -loose:"c:\SR IV mod files\Mods".

Any .vpp_pc files would be placed in their sub folders i.e. Mods\packfiles\pc\cache\.

sweet, thank you for your reply, that has cleared it up for me. Also thank you, this tool/mod has been very helpful.

Back