"Missing CD" Bug?

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Since you're here...
Do you have any idea what the hell is up with this bug, or am I just gonna have to reinstall the game [again]?
Because I'm pretty sure if you can't fix it, nobody can :p

Have you installed Saints Row onto a USB drive? That error message basically means windows is trying to read files from a removable drive that's been unplugged.

Check that your drive letters haven't been switched around. I had a system that wouldn't boot up with a SD card inserted. My C: drive got taken over by the SD card and my C: drive got turned into my D: drive. Windows couldn't work out where the operating system files were.

You could also try my mod file directory redirector and set the -loosebase directory to the absolute path of the game's directory. i.e. -loosebase:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV". That should rule out any problems with Windows not setting your working directory properly.

If you already use using my mod file redirector then it could be a bug in my code. So try SR without it.

Edit: I just noticed your version of Windows is watermarked. Are you running in Test Mode? (The Skyrim short-cut is obscuring the text). Test Mode means that the operating system can load unsigned drivers. If this is something you know about then it's OK. However if the computer has gone into Test Mode without your knowledge your computer could be infected with a root kit or malware.

Last edited:
Have you installed Saints Row onto a USB drive? That error message basically means windows is trying to read files from a removable drive that's been unplugged.

Check that your drive letters haven't been switched around. I had a system that wouldn't boot up with a SD card inserted. My C: drive got taken over by the SD card and my C: drive got turned into my D: drive. Windows couldn't work out where the operating system files were.

You could also try my mod file directory redirector and set the -loosebase directory to the absolute path of the game's directory. i.e. -loosebase:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV". That should rule out any problems with Windows not setting your working directory properly.

If you already use using my mod file redirector then it could be a bug in my code. So try SR without it.

Edit: I just noticed your version of Windows is watermarked. Are you running in Test Mode? (The Skyrim short-cut is obscuring the text). Test Mode means that the operating system can load unsigned drivers. If this is something you know about then it's OK. However if the computer has gone into Test Mode without your knowledge your computer could be infected with a root kit or malware.

The Skyrim shortcut isn't cutting off anything, that's all that is says, is Windows 7 Build 7061. That's just there because I checked the box in the computer properties.
And no I haven't installed it on a flashdrive.

I give up. I'll just delete + reinstall it xD

Back