Minimaul's Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row IV and Gat Out Of Hell tools

Thanks for the update! Will Stream2Update be eventually updated for SR3? Or is that not a goal anymore? Thanks again for all your hard work! :D
I need to support SRTT packfiles first. The read-only support above is a start.

I have this error while converting strings back to LE_STRINGS. It only happens with hud files (except English one somehow), all other ones have been converted properly.
Error 3.png

Here are my hud files, have I done any mistakes?

Also, I found this line at the beginning of all customize files (every language has different signs, only English file doesn't have this line at all):
Code:
    <String Name="">ąćęłńóśżOrange/White Baseball Cap</String>
What is its purpose?

EDIT: Removed the attachment because it's no longer necessary.

Last edited:
I have this error while converting strings back to LE_STRINGS. It only happens with hud files (except English one somehow), all other ones have been converted properly.View attachment 10597

Here are my hud files, have I done any mistakes?

Also, I found this line at the beginning of all customize files (every language has different signs, only English file doesn't have this line at all):
Code:
    <String Name="">ąćęłńóśżOrange/White Baseball Cap</String>
What is its purpose?
It's the lines right at the bottom that's breaking it:

Code:
<String Hash="23ADDA1C">Benutze {ANALOG_RS_IMG}, um die spezielle Stelle zu finden.

Halte {ANALOG_RS_IMG} in dieser Stellung und bewege dann {ANALOG_LS_IMG} gleichzeitig mit den Pfeilen, die den Punkt treffen.</String>

<String Hash="74C7C670">Informationen über automatisches Speichern, Auftrags-Checkpoints, beste Stunts und die erkundete Welt erscheinen hier.</String>

I'll make a fix.

Edit:

Revision 79 (2015/08/21):
  • Fix building strings files when there is a hash in the file that couldn't be turned into a name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its the lines right at the bottom that's breaking it:

Code:
<String Hash="23ADDA1C">Benutze {ANALOG_RS_IMG}, um die spezielle Stelle zu finden.

Halte {ANALOG_RS_IMG} in dieser Stellung und bewege dann {ANALOG_LS_IMG} gleichzeitig mit den Pfeilen, die den Punkt treffen.</String>

<String Hash="74C7C670">Informationen über automatisches Speichern, Auftrags-Checkpoints, beste Stunts und die erkundete Welt erscheinen hier.</String>

I'll make a fix.

Edit:

Revision 79 (2015/08/21):
  • Fix building strings files when there is a hash in the file that couldn't be turned into a name.
Great, thank you once again. :)
What about this line at the beginning of customize files? Is it some kind of issue while converting or should it be like that?

So any ideas what should I do about my issue? :(
I ran out of ideas.

Here's how to reproduce it
  1. Extract interface.vpp_pc
  2. Extract pause_ctrl_scheme.str2_pc
  3. Repack pause_ctrl_scheme.str2_pc
  4. Put it into SRIV's root
  5. Options>Controls>Gamepad Options>Control Schemes
  6. It's broken :(
ASM was updated and SRIV version was selected when packing it.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble rebuilding a Saints Row 2 package using these tools (feels odd to post my SR2 issue into the SRIV subforum, but the official tool thread seemed the best place for this). If someone could try to reproduce this oddity, or test and show that I'm just cocking things up, I'd be much obliged.

The game does not seem to like repackaged versions of audio.vpp_pc. If you extract its files, then repackage those plain unaltered files, the game will no longer play some of the wavebanks. Easiest things to note are the missing ambience, sirens, opening & closing of car doors, and that GenX has loads of ads but no music.

The Gibbed tools also produce the same result.

Is this something people have encountered before, or am I approaching it all in the wrong way? I'd love to know if there's an answer, repackaging and testing audio.vpp_pc is the last step before releasing a 360 to PC audio replacement mod.

Thanks for anyone's time looking into this - I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Back