Microsoft's Phil Spencer on emulating Xbox 360 games on Windows 10

"Now, Xbox head Phil Spencer might have hinted at an exciting possibility that might be doable in the near future - the ability to emulate Xbox 360 games on Windows 10 PCs."

If this happens I will start playing Saints Row 1 on my PC! Who knows we could also have the ability to mod some of them games. The reason I said that is , have a look at Fallout 4 right now on the Xbox One, Microsoft has given permission for modders to make mods for Fallout 4 on the Xbox One.

https://www.neowin.net/news/microso...x-360-games-on-windows-10-pcs-never-say-never

https://bethesda.net/en/article/hJA...skyrim-special-edition-february-featured-mods

As long as you can tolerate the gawd awful user interface and forced updates that break your system now and then. :(
I'm glad you brought it up. There is a way to disable Windows Update, right-click taskbar, find Task Manager, open it, go to Services Tab and on the very bottom you can click on Open Services and disable Windows Update from there. I have mine disabled until I do find out if the newer version of Windows can play an Xbox 360 game disc.

Anyone heard the rumors that Microsoft was considering buying EA and Valve?
The Valve transaction kind of concerns me but if MS doesn't get greedy (yeah right),
it might further how mods will be made and implemented in the future, I.M.O. .
Also, if Xbox teamed up with Valve, it I think that Valve might do another Orange Box
project, which I speculate, would lead to another client, overlay, or bootstrap, in the nearby
future.

Anyone heard the rumors that Microsoft was considering buying EA and Valve?
The Valve transaction kind of concerns me but if MS doesn't get greedy (yeah right),
it might further how mods will be made and implemented in the future, I.M.O. .
Also, if Xbox teamed up with Valve, it I think that Valve might do another Orange Box
project, which I speculate, would lead to another client, overlay, or bootstrap, in the nearby
future.
EA yep but Valve... god please no!
I mean can you imagine all new steam games on Win10 only? No Linux, no Win7. Or "Microsoft removes all non Windows 10 games from Steam..." because "they didn't work on Win10 so we removed them from store."

Last edited:
Yeah Microsoft is pushing Win10 pretty hard, and barley thinking about Win7. When I was referring to MS buying valve I was being foolishly optimistic (One of my best qualities next to narcissism ;))
thinking that they would incorporate Win10, Linux, Win7, and maybe even XP lol (sorry XP users) as an act of goodwill toward Valve's community.
As Max Payne once said: 'Microsoft wouldn't know right from wrong even when one of them were giving away a "Humble Bundle" and the other was forcing micro-transactions...'

When I finally upgrade to Windows 10, it will be a dual boot system. Linux for every day use, and Windows 10 for games only. If it wasn't for games, I'd get rid of Windows completely. I really dislike Windows 10 very much. Photoshop used to be a reason to stay with Windows, but now that's gone subscription only, so one less reason for Windows.

Of course it's possible to emulate an Xbox 360 on Windows 10, why wouldn't it be. People are praising Microsoft for acknowledging the solution to a problem they've created themselves by contracting studios to make console exclusives. This is just a clever marketing trick to create hype for their latest release of spyware.

I hate that Volition didn't get the message across to reviewers (IGN and Gamespot) that AOM is not a Saints Row game AT ALL.
They tried but there's always miscommunication in the public eye. The reason I'm saying this is because I feel like any chance of a "Saints Row Remake" is dead
due to poor reception of AOM (A wonderful game that should got more love for what it is) and Deep Silver choosing their wallets out of fear of failure and money loss.
Now I feel that closest thing to a remake is what they did to the First Red Dead Redemption, and upscale it for the Xbox One. Great game, no mods, and no changes.
Keep in mind: even if they do emulate the game Volition would need to make an SDK or tools to mod it, and that would only be available for Win10, and DS, would probably scoff
at the idea. In my opinion the catalyst to this is simple: As awesome as SRTT and SRIV were, there would always be a need to deviate from Saints Row 1 and 2's core ideals, both story and gameplay wise.
It would become so chaotic that Saints Row wouldn't be SR anymore... Enter: AOM. People would think it was SR but then get disappointed and trash the game for being different. If AOM even got
a sequel (which it deserves #Gremlin4life) it would deviate from AOM, until the lore and canon becomes sentient, and so meta, Christopher Nolan would be confused.
I think back to Saints Row: The Third and I think Steve Jaros wrote something as a message to THQ in the form of Killbane being a cocky jerk... I can't remember exactly, but he went something like: "You sell
kids lunch boxes and Saints merchandise." And went on to quote Icarus: "You flew too close to the sun" (There's an achievement named after that btw). To me that speaks volumes as both a commentary on the
series, but the industry as a whole. How far can people make sequel after sequel, reimaging after reimagining, without it dying out. I'm bummed out now... I don't know why I said all of that, and it's most likely
unimportant, but MAAAAN that felt good to type. Even at the end of the day I would love to see A Saints Row remake. Get Visceral Games to collaborate with DS/V and it'd be tight.
If you think it's impossible they are literally making a Shaq-Fu remake--- seriously look it up.

Back