Map not saving visited disctricts and icons

I played vanilla GotR a while back, and wanted to revisit it with some optional mods (listed below). I also ticked some built in options in the .bat patcher. I started a new file and can see the mods were working just fine. However, I noticed that the map wouldn't save progress of visited districts or icons when a save file is loaded. They will appear visited during the current playthrough, but loaded save files will start with districts greyed out and map icons as question marks. Story progress is fine. The problem is also present in completed save files. When reverted back to vanilla GotR, the map works as intended.

Custom mods added:
Saints Row 2 High Quality Texture Pack + chunks_and_pegs_v1.07 by Masamaru
SR2 Complete Combat Overhaul + Helmets and Ski Masks for SWAT by ImpulseOfSword2007
Proper Cop Animations by LividKilla66

Help would be much appreciated

Last edited:
When starting a new character, delete profile.dat from "C:\Users\*your username*\AppData\Local\THQ\Saints Row 2", a new one will be created as soon the game starts. That file stores all the info you normally read under "Statistics" in the Pause Menu, if you carry it over to other characters it'll keep adding things, eventually making a mess. Each character should have their own profile.dat.

EDIT: I don't know what happens if you delete it midgame, I never dared to try. I usually remove it when starting a brand new playthrough.

When starting a new character, delete profile.dat from "C:\Users\*your username*\AppData\Local\THQ\Saints Row 2", a new one will be created as soon the game starts. That file stores all the info you normally read under "Statistics" in the Pause Menu, if you carry it over to other characters it'll keep adding things, eventually making a mess. Each character should have their own profile.dat.

EDIT: I don't know what happens if you delete it midgame, I never dared to try. I usually remove it when starting a brand new playthrough.
Unfortunately, that didn't work. Backed up the previous .bat file before repatching. Started a new game, and the problem still persists.

If it helps figuring out what the exact problem is, I tested each mod individually, and filtered it to specifically something in the SR2 Complete Combat Overhaul mod that is causing it. I also tried the Realistic SR2 Weapons mod by Captain Jax, and I am having the same problem there, so it's something in the weapons mods that's causing it.

It was worth a try but some radical mods may cause conflicts, yeah, unless you take your time and merge them manually (might be daunting according to their scale) or try to figure what's exactly causing the problem and fix it yourself.

That profile.dat thing is still true, though, if you want to keep separate progresses for each of your chars.

Back