Looking to get back into modding Saints Row IV but I'm having an issue in terms of obtaining a copy of Maya 2015/2016.

Hey hey hey! Just got a dumb question here I was wondering if anyone could help out with by chance. So for a while now I haven't been really modding as much as I use to back around 2019 mostly due to lack of motivation and me moving to a new state and all that jazz. But recently I have been having a renewed motivation in possible getting back to modding Saints Row IV for mostly as a past time hobby of sorts however I've been running into this pretty major road block in terms of me getting set back up with all the main Saints Row IV modding tools. The road block is that I mainly used Maya 2015/2016 back when I used to just mod in custom clothing items, which I'm possible looking to get back into since I usually have a lot of fun making those and I'm hoping to maybe try again at modding custom weapon skins, but I long since lost that copy of the program since I wasn't really using it my dumb ass self didn't think to try to back it up somewhere for safe keeping so to speak. Now when I go to try to re-install it Autodesk, of fucking course lol, now requires me to either A ) pay their ludicrous monthly fee to have a copy of it or B ) have a student e-mail account/ID (which I of course don't have neither of lol) to get a student version of Maya. Now admittedly I did try my hand at seeking if I could get a crack copy of it but I usually end of getting a junk link or getting a link that sets off all of my "Nope" sensors so I haven't much luck with that even. So I guess what I was wondering is that does anybody now safe possible way for someone like me to get a copy Maya 2015/2016 without, of course, having to pay a monthly fee for it? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer but I figured I would try my luck and hope for the best here. If not well I guess that means I'm S.O.O.L. lol. I would try to see if I could some how use a program like Blender to sort of make it a makeshift Maya substitute but I already sadly know that possible due to Blender not having the right FBX Exporter for Saints Row. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for even taking the time to read this.

That's one of the main reasons why I stopped modding SR4 - expired Maya license. Yea, Blender doesn't have the correct fbx export options Maya has so all clothing items will always look like a mess but I think it's possible to port weapons. I remember porting a weapon once, it wasn't broken but it was oversized (the model was big)

That's one of the main reasons why I stopped modding SR4 - expired Maya license. Yea, Blender doesn't have the correct fbx export options Maya has so all clothing items will always look like a mess but I think it's possible to port weapons. I remember porting a weapon once, it wasn't broken but it was oversized (the model was big)
Damn that really blows on the whole modding clothing item side of things (Fucking thanks Autodesk!) but at least there still some kind of hope for modding in weapon skins for what I'm hearing. I guess my next question is then did you pretty much follow the same steps as you would you were rigging it in Maya or are there a couple things I need to do different like how I might need to try skew towards making the weapon models a bit smaller to account for it upscaled in game. I'm thinking I might start off just trying my hand at making a simple skin for the baseball bat to test things out and maybe after awhile once I get a hang of it I might try my hand again at making a weapon skin with it's own custom clip for like a automatic rifle or simple even for a pistol to practice.

Back