Let's talk about Far Cry games

Even Far Cry 6, the most basic open world game from UBI feels more fun. Which is a damn shame.

You think so? The Far Cry that I spent the most time on was 3, loved that game. I played 6 for a while though (I do think the croc is ace, and as usual with Ubisoft, game world often looks completely amazing) did some fishing and wandering around then got bored and haven't been back.

I always feel like their worlds look so amazing but in Far Cry games it's mostly reduced to shooting stuff and finding ammo, etc. Would prefer it if they went more rpg and there was more varied things to collect and find/missions that have you doing other stuff.

I think 3 had us picking plants too for buff ingredients if I remember rightly (yep just checked and found this : https://farcry.fandom.com/wiki/Far_Cry_3_plants), would love to see that return too so there's a reason to go roaming around natural areas more, and maybe have some rare plants that let you make way better buffs, etc. If Saints Row keeps natural areas in future games it'd be great to see something related added there as well obviously.

I should probably go back to 6 and give it another go too at some point. Definitely need to do some more fishing at least. xD

Also remembered that there's a mini golf course in this game too somewhere near the outskirts I think. That could've been awesome if we could actually play it as a mini game. Maybe some of the mini game content from Yakuza games could also be an inspiration for Saints Row in the future, they have some really neat things to do, reminds me I should get back to Yakuza 7 at some point as well.

Last edited:
You think so? The Far Cry that I spent the most time on was 3, loved that game. I played 6 for a while though (I do think the croc is ace, and as usual with Ubisoft, game world often looks completely amazing) did some fishing and wandering around then got bored and haven't been back.

I always feel like their worlds look so amazing but in Far Cry games it's mostly reduced to shooting stuff and finding ammo, etc. Would prefer it if they went more rpg and there was more varied things to collect and find/missions that have you doing other stuff.

I think 3 had us picking plants too for buff ingredients if I remember rightly (yep just checked and found this : https://farcry.fandom.com/wiki/Far_Cry_3_plants), would love to see that return too so there's a reason to go roaming around natural areas more, and maybe have some rare plants that let you make way better buffs, etc. If Saints Row keeps natural areas in future games it'd be great to see something related added there as well obviously.

I should probably go back to 6 and give it another go too at some point. Definitely need to do some more fishing at least. xD

Also remembered that there's a mini golf course in this game too somewhere near the outskirts I think. That could've been awesome if we could actually play it as a mini game. Maybe some of the mini game content from Yakuza games could also be an inspiration for Saints Row in the future, they have some really neat things to do, reminds me I should get back to Yakuza 7 at some point as well.
Personally I liked Far Cry 5 the most, but mainly cos I could choose my character. And I didn't mind her being a mute. But I think it was more fun to go through Far Cry 6 and wreak havoc together with a friend. So far, COOP keeps getting broken in Saints Row. I haven't been able to enjoy more than 30 minutes in one session without it getting broken by a bug. So far I've had that all cars dissapeared and NPC's were just standing still like some weird horror movie, next objectives not appearing, my friend being a long distance away on my screen while he was standing next to me on his screen, and so on.

Personally I liked Far Cry 5 the most, but mainly cos I could choose my character. And I didn't mind her being a mute. But I think it was more fun to go through Far Cry 6 and wreak havoc together with a friend. So far, COOP keeps getting broken in Saints Row. I haven't been able to enjoy more than 30 minutes in one session without it getting broken by a bug. So far I've had that all cars dissapeared and NPC's were just standing still like some weird horror movie, next objectives not appearing, my friend being a long distance away on my screen while he was standing next to me on his screen, and so on.

I only did Faith's region in Far Cry 5 as I thought that part of the story was interesting, for me that could've been the entire game and I'd have been happy with that if it was expanded. I kind of saw that as my main part of playing the actual story then stopped playing not long after. That was when I started getting bored of how Far Cry is now I think, maybe not so much the game but more me preferring rpg's so much more around then or at least games with more stuff going on outside of the main story. Far Cry 4 was one I skipped for some reason, tried playing it a few years or so ago but only lasted a few hours I think.

I've never played co-op in these games either, prefer playing solo and I'm not surprised things are pretty crazy in this with some of the bugs at the moment. Hopefully it'll be patched more soon too.

I only did Faith's region in Far Cry 5 as I thought that part of the story was interesting, for me that could've been the entire game and I'd have been happy with that if it was expanded. I kind of saw that as my main part of playing the actual story then stopped playing not long after. That was when I started getting bored of how Far Cry is now I think, maybe not so much the game but more me preferring rpg's so much more around then or at least games with more stuff going on outside of the main story. Far Cry 4 was one I skipped for some reason, tried playing it a few years or so ago but only lasted a few hours I think.

I've never played co-op in these games either, prefer playing solo and I'm not surprised things are pretty crazy in this with some of the bugs at the moment. Hopefully it'll be patched more soon too.
I've played all the Far Cry games (haven't finished 6 yet but I play it occasionally). 4 is probably my favorite. 3 has a better story, but I played it recently so I think it didn't hold up as well as 4 does. 5 was good, but I didn't like the ending, and I'm enjoying 6. A lot of people didn't like New Dawn but I liked that one a lot too. Personally, I think all the Far Cry games are better open worlds than this new Saints Row game, but I have different expectations for the different series. The shooting mechanics are really nice in Far Cry 6, not great at all the Saints Row reboot, but of course I never saw Saints Row in the "mindless shooter" genre.

I've played all the Far Cry games (haven't finished 6 yet but I play it occasionally). 4 is probably my favorite. 3 has a better story, but I played it recently so I think it didn't hold up as well as 4 does. 5 was good, but I didn't like the ending, and I'm enjoying 6. A lot of people didn't like New Dawn but I liked that one a lot too. Personally, I think all the Far Cry games are better open worlds than this new Saints Row game, but I have different expectations for the different series. The shooting mechanics are really nice in Far Cry 6, not great at all the Saints Row reboot, but of course I never saw Saints Row in the "mindless shooter" genre.

Yeah Far Cry 4 is a weird one for me, I don't remember anything actually bad from playing but I was only on it for a short while. Maybe due to playing other games around the time. Not even sure what version it was, PS3 or 4. If it was 3 though I should probably get the PS4 version and give it another go.

I've not played this for days now either I don't think. Cyberpunk had an update then I started playing Soul Hackers 2, going back shortly I think as there's still plenty of stuff I'd left after finishing the story and there's just something about the setting in this that I like too, should be good to get back to it.

Far Cry 4 was my favorite, followed by 3. Mini bosses were excellent in both and voice acting was top notch. 5 had a lot going for it, but ticked me and a lot of others off since it would arbitrarily pull you out of the middle of what you were doing to throw you into a cutscene or mission. Primal, New Dawn, and 6 are okay in my book, but I don't find myself going back to replay them like I do 3 and 4 (and occasionally 5).

Man, Far Cry Primal is my Personal Favorite, I like the whole: Hunt for food, constantly gathering mats for your weapons, and Animal Companion. The Survival Mode makes the game enjoyable.

Far cry 6 is my second favorite. I like the Main Character, the Region, and the Fishing. Not a Huge fan of the Perk removal, but at least the loadouts make it manageable.

Back