Language String Editors - SR:TT AND SR2

That's certainly not how mine extracted. Did you perhaps accidentally use the -sr2 parameter, or maybe pointed it at the wrong folder that should have your extracted misc_tables.vpp_pc archive?

For example, here's my batch file:
Code:
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe -xtbl="E:\sr3mod\extracted\misc_tables.vpp_pc" activity_us.le_strings
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe -xtbl="E:\sr3mod\extracted\misc_tables.vpp_pc" customize_us.le_strings
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe -xtbl="E:\sr3mod\extracted\misc_tables.vpp_pc" diversion_us.le_strings
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe -xtbl="E:\sr3mod\extracted\misc_tables.vpp_pc" hud_us.le_strings
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe -xtbl="E:\sr3mod\extracted\misc_tables.vpp_pc" menu_us.le_strings
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe -xtbl="E:\sr3mod\extracted\misc_tables.vpp_pc" mission_us.le_strings
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe -xtbl="E:\sr3mod\extracted\misc_tables.vpp_pc" multiplayer_us.le_strings
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe -xtbl="E:\sr3mod\extracted\misc_tables.vpp_pc" platform_pc_us.le_strings
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe -xtbl="E:\sr3mod\extracted\misc_tables.vpp_pc" platform_ps3_us.le_strings
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe -xtbl="E:\sr3mod\extracted\misc_tables.vpp_pc" platform_xbox360_us.le_strings
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe -xtbl="E:\sr3mod\extracted\misc_tables.vpp_pc" static_us.le_strings
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe -xtbl="E:\sr3mod\extracted\misc_tables.vpp_pc" subtitle_us.le_strings
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe -xtbl="E:\sr3mod\extracted\misc_tables.vpp_pc" voice_script_us.le_strings
pause
Thank you!:)

I have similar problem like DIMASSSS, but only with voice_us.le_strings. Other files extracts normal. But in voice_us.txt i have somethig like this:

1000015738: "I need to de-stress. I have an idea for something fun."
1000209521: "You okay? Where's Matt?"
1000297650: "You did it! The shield's down."
1000501656: "Then I'm good. Let's do this."
1000677015: "Thank you, NyteBlayde."
1001465062: "Let's do this..."
1001546053: "Johnny, man, do you know where you are? I mean really?"
1001753000: "Are you kidding me? Shaundi, this means first I get to blow up a lot of shit, then we get to take the WHOLE TANK!"
100181352: "Jesus Shaundi, you had me worried there for a minute."
1001857988: "I think I made it."

Is there way to have something like in subtitle_us.txt:

"Story_00_In_05_Narrator": "Or puckish rogues living a life of mirth and whimsy?"
"Story_00_In_06_Narrator": "The Saints needed clarity of purpose, and so the course was set..."
"Story_00_In_07_Narrator": "More fun, less mercy killing."
"Story_00_In_08_Narrator": "This simple choice revitalized the Saints, transforming them from a degenerate street gang into beloved pop culture icons."
"Story_00_In_09_Narrator": "But even then the Saints were not satisfied..."
"Story_00_In_10_Narrator": "For it's one thing to be revered as a hero, it is another to be a hero."

What do the numbers mean and where do they link to? Let's say I want to add a new weapon to the game, and want to create a new string for its display name. What do I do?

Hello, your tool is great, but for some reason, i can't extract .le_strings file for Polish Voice Script. It ends up by Unhandled Exception Error.

This is a text from command prompt running your tool copied and this is what i see. I'm Polish. Exactly where is described in my profile. And i have Polish Windows OS so it was in Polish. I had to translate it to english so you will understand what is saying. Translation may be inaccurate:

Extracting C:\Users\48533\Desktop\StringTools-rev2\voice_script_pl.le_strings to C:\Users\48533\Desktop\StringTools-rev2\voice_script_pl.txt...

Unhandled Exception: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The key was not present in the dictionary.
w System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
w System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
w ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.Program.Main(String[] args) w d:\Development\SaintsRow\ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings\Program.cs:wiersz 70

The .le_strings file for American English Voice Script is extracted fine, but there's only one string here.

Do you will find some solution for that?

These tools work well on SR3. But it really confused me when I try to mod SR2.
I unpacked the Patch file. I find the static_US.le_strings. I almost try every SR2 tool, still cant extract the le_strings.
Please help me, man. Thank you!

I have similar problem like DIMASSSS, but only with voice_us.le_strings. Other files extracts normal. But in voice_us.txt i have somethig like this:

1000015738: "I need to de-stress. I have an idea for something fun."
1000209521: "You okay? Where's Matt?"
1000297650: "You did it! The shield's down."
1000501656: "Then I'm good. Let's do this."
1000677015: "Thank you, NyteBlayde."
1001465062: "Let's do this..."
1001546053: "Johnny, man, do you know where you are? I mean really?"
1001753000: "Are you kidding me? Shaundi, this means first I get to blow up a lot of shit, then we get to take the WHOLE TANK!"
100181352: "Jesus Shaundi, you had me worried there for a minute."
1001857988: "I think I made it."

Is there way to have something like in subtitle_us.txt:

"Story_00_In_05_Narrator": "Or puckish rogues living a life of mirth and whimsy?"
"Story_00_In_06_Narrator": "The Saints needed clarity of purpose, and so the course was set..."
"Story_00_In_07_Narrator": "More fun, less mercy killing."
"Story_00_In_08_Narrator": "This simple choice revitalized the Saints, transforming them from a degenerate street gang into beloved pop culture icons."
"Story_00_In_09_Narrator": "But even then the Saints were not satisfied..."
"Story_00_In_10_Narrator": "For it's one thing to be revered as a hero, it is another to be a hero."

Yes, you can. To do this open command prompt, head to String tools root directory with it and type the following:
Code:
ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractStrings.exe -xtbl="[EXTRACTED MISC_TABLES PACKFILE LOCATION]" [LANGUAGE STRING FILE YOU WANNA EXTRACT].
But if you say about the voice language strings, you can't do that. Sorry

These tools work well on SR3. But it really confused me when I try to mod SR2.
I unpacked the Patch file. I find the static_US.le_strings. I almost try every SR2 tool, still cant extract the le_strings.
Please help me, man. Thank you!
Did you put -sr2 parameter?

Back