it's possible to create weapons mods in linux?

I don't see how it can be possible
in sdk the program to convert the models is in python

but I can not get it to work by using certain libs

would it be possible to modify the code to use python 2.8 or python 3?

The thing is, even if you managed to get it to run on Linux, the SaintsRow_FBX_Converter.py script is only used to display the UI, load FBX files and convert them to intermediary file formats. The actual files for Saints Row 4 are created from those intermediary formats by .exe files, which the script is calling via (Windows) System commands. At the very least, you'll have to rewrite the process handling code along with changing a few functions to use Unix commands to run said .exe files with some sort of emulator.

The thing is, even if you managed to get it to run on Linux, the SaintsRow_FBX_Converter.py script is only used to display the UI, load FBX files and convert them to intermediary file formats. The actual files for Saints Row 4 are created from those intermediary formats by .exe files, which the script is calling via (Windows) System commands. At the very least, you'll have to rewrite the process handling code along with changing a few functions to use Unix commands to run said .exe files with some sort of emulator.

I'll try with wine.
I do not like wine but I have to use :/

do you know of any other way to convert fbx to use in the game?

Sadly there are no other tools to convert fbx files to SR's format. If nothing else works for you, you could try running the tool on Windows in a virtual machine, given you have access to a license/free trial.

Sadly there are no other tools to convert fbx files to SR's format. If nothing else works for you, you could try running the tool on Windows in a virtual machine, given you have access to a license/free trial.
:/ nah
no need

i will not use windows
>:V i hate windows

u3u if i can't make mods
so i will not play the game

... run said .exe files with some sort of emulator.
I'm not sure if any of those EXE files would run under Mono. You'd have to test them out. Most of the command line tools written in C# here can run under Mono, including my Zone File Tools and Minimaul's Tools. You'd need to install mono and modify the Python scripts to call "mono <command>.exe" instead of just "<command>.exe". I show how to do it with my Zone File Tools here: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/12631/page-9#post-104450
>:V i hate windows
Windows 10 sucks! Linux rules!!! We should make all of our tools platform independent!

The ONLY reason I still use Windows is for games, because I have no choice for many games. If we could just get game makers off Windows, then the world would be a beautiful place again.

Last edited:
Back