Is Saints Row Cartonish?

San Hol

Banned
Well maybe you guys noticed too or im crazy that All the saints row games looks Like a Cartoon i mean, people looks like a Caricature and the Facial Expressions don't looks realistic too...and the movements like, running and shooting, kicking....
and in SR:TT the face of the Morningstar Thugs don't looks like a "real Guy" Sorry i have no images now but looks at their faces
here´s a Saints Row 1 trailer,
well looks cartoonish for me!
do anybody noticed that!?

Are you asking if SR4 looks cartoonish or are you just making an observation in general about the Saints Row series?

Um.. Ok.

Not sure what this has do to with SR4, but since there isn't a general forum for Saints Row, I don't know where to recommend putting this....

Your video clip is showing SaintsRow from the year 2006 and I agree that the detailing of the graphics are not totally photorealistic, but that was over 7 years ago and the overall look of SRTT is far superior and very near being photorealistic except for a very few minor things such as the MorningStar guys walking around like you mentioned.
I like the look of SRTT and play it at a high resolution of 1920 x 1080.
zvtraztkfireblastbk.png

zvltaratkzlrnsr.png

The only thing the game really needs is higher res textures, unless you want to add on some post-processing filters too. There is a texture mod.. was it abandoned or still idly working away?

I kinda wish Volition could just pack up all of their higher-res world texture files (and heck some of the others too) and include it as a free "Texture Bling DLC" to slot in. Of course, the catch is I have no idea how far the engine can be pushed texture wise before it goes "Whoops! I'm full!" and passes out into a pile of code. Normally that wouldn't be an issue (just make sure you have enough video memory etc) but since the engine was made specifically to run on teeny tiny console memory spaces it may well run with some heavy assumptions in the way stuff is allocated..

I don't have Sr1, but I noticed that in Sr2 and SrTT.
Is semi-realism/cartooonish style and I like especially that style, because you can still see what kind of features characters have.

I love how the eyes of my protagonist came out in Sr2

multiple games have a hi-res DLC released. think about skyrim and sleeping dogs. it probably would be no problem for volition to release a hi-res dlc pack when the game releases. but that will obviously be a steam exclusive .

Back