Infinite ammo doesn't affect inflato-ray?

Certain weapon(s) will still run out of charge when fired continuously, even after unlocking infinite ammo.

* Inflato-ray is one example... infinite ammo doesn't seem to do anything for this weapon, besides change the charge % counter on the bottom right of the screen to an infinity symbol. If you shoot it continuously, it will run out of charge and need to recharge before shooting again. Dubstep gun seems to be able to fire indefinitely after the infinite ammo unlock for the respective slot, which I assume is how it's meant to work.

* Alien RPG will have the "charging" popup at the center of the screen appear when you shoot it several times in succession, although you never actually need to wait for recharging.

Certain weapon(s) will still run out of charge when fired continuously, even after unlocking infinite ammo.

* Inflato-ray is one example... infinite ammo doesn't seem to do anything for this weapon, besides change the charge % counter on the bottom right of the screen to an infinity symbol. If you shoot it continuously, it will run out of charge and need to recharge before shooting again. Dubstep gun seems to be able to fire indefinitely after the infinite ammo unlock for the respective slot, which I assume is how it's meant to work.

I did not experience this issue when I used the ray to get the challenge done before the patch dropped.
It worked infinitely fine.

* Alien RPG will have the "charging" popup at the center of the screen appear when you shoot it several times in succession, although you never actually need to wait for recharging.

I don't recall seeing this, but I don't usually fire it off fast enough to see what you're seeing.

I did not experience this issue when I used the ray to get the challenge done before the patch dropped.
It worked infinitely fine.
It has enough charge to last a very long time, in normal gameplay you'll never notice it running out. I also found that the infinite ammo unlock doesn't seem to affect the 'noisy cricket' tiny pistol. After just a few shots it needs to recharge. Switching to another weapon and then back again seems to reset it to full charge.

I noticed this with the InflatoRay also. If you fire it non-stop for a long enough period of time, it will cease firing and throw up a message that it needs to recharge. It doesn't actually have to recharge, you just have to release the LMB (or whatever button is assigned to primary fire) and press it again.

Back