Increased Property Prices

Does acquiring property not feel like much of a challenge to you in SR3? Buying up half the city after playing for just a couple of hours? Well, try this mod out! It triples the price and payout of all buyable properties in Steelport! Obviously, this works best with a new game.

To install: Just drop the file into your Saints Row: The Third folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third

Attachments

• shop_names.xtbl
    21.4 KB · Views: 3,955
hi ... i think if u make such mod for prices ... need to make for other things higher prices ... im not wrong ?

Great mod! I also found that properties were a bit too cheap in this game. But I have a request, do you think you could also include another file that could only double the price of buyable properties? I personally find that "triple the amount" is a bit too much for me. Anyway thanks for the mod. Been looking everywhere for something like this. The game's a bit too easy without a mod like this :)

idk i alredy completed game 4 times but most fun was on hardcore :)
even with x2 prices its ok :)

i know trick to start game with 725k$ so u can buy some properties in beginning :)

Sad that we cant make transfer limit more then 725k$

Kinda handy for early game, but once you reach mid game (or gank a wandering Genki suit) you have so much cash the increased cost doesn't really have much effect. (Those Genki suits give pretty near a million plus dollars a kill)

I'm toying with the concept of individually scaling up prices per property to better reflect their value/contribution in game rather then a flat across the board tripling. (For example having the airport cost $500k but give an annual return of $25-50k)

It would make investing in some properties much more difficult, but they would pay more over the long term, and some properties (like cheap apartment slums) would cost comparatively little, but conversely give little payout in return.

It would make investing ones cash a bit more strategic, then the "buy up everything you see as soon as you see it if you can afford it" method most of us go by.

I know what you mean Silveressa. I understand that when you kill Genkies, you get alot of cash. The problem is, I sort of have a little problem/glitch with my games... I litteraly see Genkies EVERYWHERE! At almost every corner of every street and I find it very irritating because I can get 10 mil$ the first 30 minutes of gameplay. So I decided not to kill them at all so that way, it wouldn't become too easy for me. Now that I've finished the game once on hardcore without killing 1 Genki. I'd like a bigger challenge and as I stated in my previous post, 2 times the price to buy all of the properties would be perfect for me.

Of course for someone like you that doesn't have the same problem I have, I understand that it might be a bit easy later in your game. Buying properties for a bigger price and getting a lower return for each building you own is also good idea though.

The problem is, I sort of have a little problem/glitch with my games... I litteraly see Genkies EVERYWHERE!

Hmm, are you using the increased genki spawn mod? (With that installed you'll run into genki's a lot more often, especially at night.)

If the genki's are still a problem you could use the genki spawn mod and tweak it to remove the spawning of genki's entirely, there by fixing your glitch.

Tweaking the current x3 value mod to x2 is pretty easy, just open it in note pad (or equivalent program) and alter the property cost values to whatever you feel is suitable then save and install it as usual. :)

Back