SPOILERS I want everyones honest opinion

The enemies are bullet sponges but headshots are very satisfying and the combat in general is good, rolling to avoid snipers or melee attacks is great but I'm still not a big fan of the healing system. There was a moment I was cornered with 50 enemies with 1 health bar with no chance to "heal" myself.

I've liked the combat too even if it's been difficult at times. The transfusion skill where you heal a bit when attacking enemies has really saved me though, I'd have probably been killed in loads of fights if it wasn't for that.

I still need to make the final upgrade on all of my weapons though (hard to spend on that when I need cash for the last few ventures) so hopefully things will get a bit easier at that point when fighting most enemies.

I've liked the combat too even if it's been difficult at times. The transfusion skill where you heal a bit when attacking enemies has really saved me though, I'd have probably been killed in loads of fights if it wasn't for that.

I still need to make the final upgrade on all of my weapons though (hard to spend on that when I need cash for the last few ventures) so hopefully things will get a bit easier at that point when fighting most enemies.
Tough Mother is also excellent for staying in the fight. 👍

Tough Mother is also excellent for staying in the fight. 👍

Thanks, I was wanting to try that out earlier but was probably too busy using transfusion and forgot about it. Tried it just now though and it seems good, might alternate between that and tranfusion at times. I decided the venture I'm going for can wait a bit too, upgraded SMG and rifle fully now and also unlocked a perk slot for scavenger so I'm picking up more ammo so it should be a bit less hectic at times.

edit : yeah just checked and fully upgraded guns are way better, awesome. Should've done that a while back!

Last edited:
The missions were great but there was one thing that bothered me: I'm not sure if it's a bug or what but... lack of music during missions.
this really intrigues me - would you say it sounded completely unintentional? i still think sr1 and sr2 have a really unique atmosphere because there's essentially no instrumental ost, just ambient sound to help set the mood when it's needed. (i know the reason was probably just money but idk shit just works) i didn't really care for the "action blockbuster" style scoring for srtt and forward so i personally i wouldn't mind it at all it if they were more sparing with the music this time around

But the reboot ain't like SR1 or SR2, it's not a serious game, some action or funny music during missions would be a great thing. Like there's that one larp mission when there's that big fight, some medieval-action-battle type of music would fit perfectly there but instead the mission is silent

But the reboot ain't like SR1 or SR2, it's not a serious game, some action or funny music during missions would be a great thing. Like there's that one larp mission when there's that big fight, some medieval-action-battle type of music would fit perfectly there but instead the mission is silent
I had this a lot. You would think music would play while in some very action scenes while on a mission, but instead it's completely silent. I'm guessing there is something funky going on with the Audio as a whole, sometimes weapons would have sound effects and sometimes they would not. Kill moves also sometimes go completely silent.

Also, i thought we were getting some additional hairstyles on release. Maybe i didn't pay too much attention, since i had something very specific things in mind with wavy or curly hairstyles, but all the options just seem like the ones from the Boss Factory. Maybe in a future DLC? i doubt a Patch would add anything new.

i know it's not like sr1 and 2. i was mainly just wondering if they were actually going for something with the lack of music, or if it sounded like it was a genuine bug. from what i've heard the game has a lot of audio issues in general

i know it's not like sr1 and 2. i was mainly just wondering if they were actually going for something with the lack of music, or if it sounded like it was a genuine bug. from what i've heard the game has a lot of audio issues in general

I think the audio just glitching out. It really feels like they were forced to release the game in a very unfinished state.

Some of the sections people have been reporting no music in had music for me while playing the PC release, there's also small differences like a friend on xbox has been telling me the traffic density has varied wildly compared to my experience where its been mostly uniform.

I don't think they had a musicless vibe or something in mind, I think the music is just unfortunately broken. I'm just hoping we get news of more patching within the next week or so. I'd love to restart the game in a more fixed state, my second play through is always a lot more methodical and completionist.

Back