SPOILERS I want everyones honest opinion

I preordered this on epic games so that I wouldn't have to wait until an amazon PS4 version arrived, or didn't arrive (on time), most of a day later. It's better having it on PC too for the graphics, etc, and maybe some mods in future if that's even possible on epic. I've never bought a game on epic before though and use gog instead so even though I'm not happy using the epic client or having got the game from there it's Saints Row so went for it anyway.

As for the game though when playing, it seems like something I could spend dozens of hours on and there's plenty of cool stuff there by the looks of it so I'm glad to have it now. I've always gone back to SR3 and/or 4 after a certain amount of time purely to mess around in the game and go around doing sidequests, collecting stuff, screenshots, etc, so that could be the same here too eventually.

I'm really not someone who buys these games to overly focus on the main story either and prefer doing my own thing so story/characters isn't something that affects me much really (I'll miss Kinzie though definitely, she was a great character, strange, funny, and hard to replace.) and partly for that the bad reviews don't really mean much to me either. They do have valid points about bugs clearly but almost every game that exists lately needs several patches so that's nothing new to me either, more a matter of patience for a while with patches.

I don't think some critics will ever get the fact that some of us just like chilling out and/or messing around on these games either so there doesn't always have to be some huge point to everything and it doesn't have to be some type of groundbreaking game either. And this looks like a decent sized upgrade when it comes to graphics, customising, game world, cars, etc. So for those reasons I'll probably be fine playing this and having paid full price for it.

SkillUp liked Far Cry 6 and Dying Light 2, two very boring and generic games so it makes his review just a personal edgy opinion lol
But other reviewers mentions technical game breaking bugs which worries me much more.
So what if he likes some meh games? Doesn't disqualify his reviews. He still comes across genuine, someone who makes his reviews as unbiased as he can, not completely unbiased obviously, but enough that he doesn't appear to be making his reviews tailored around gaining that sweet sweet access that other critics are tripping over themselves for.
I watched both of those reviews of his so I can say this: he liked the gameplay of DL2 a lot, he found the story to be a miss. Looks like a decently fun game in co-op.
As for FC6, he liked it yeah, but he admitted it's pretty much a regurgitation of much of the same, nothing new.
Thus I have no real reason to not take his Saints Row review into account.

@Beyonce Well this felt pretty much directed at me:
[...] you went from being a fan to being an obsessive baby who's upset that they didn't get what they want. Very much elementary school behavior.
Doesn't really matter all that much though I guess, I said my piece already.

I don't think some critics will ever get the fact that some of us just like chilling out and/or messing around on these games
I don't think a critic's job is to pay attention to who likes what. Their job is to criticize and give their honest opinion.

I don't think a critic's job is to pay attention to who likes what. Their job is to criticize and give their honest opinion.

I get that, the issue has mainly been that it seemed like they were piling on to the game and giving it crap reviews when so many other franchises trot out basically the same stuff and get 80+ scores. After watching ACG review it though and thinking of some other stuff I've read I think one of the things that's maybe bringing this right down is the level of bugs. Personally I've had issues even starting the game up dozens of times already but actually playing not so much. I've barely started the story though and have been roaming around collecting stuff, visiting stores, etc. If I'd been going through the story instead maybe I'd have noticed plenty more problems.

I'm really liking playing it too so far but like I said, I can be fine roaming around doing more random stuff without touching the story for decent amounts of time. Hopefully some patches will be out soon that sort out a good amount of bugs too.

It's disappointing that you can't say you dislike it on it's own lack of merit, without some corpo defender saying you're a troll or old, or some other blanket excuse. As if sales and reception shouldn't be a main point of interest in developing a reboot.

It's disappointing that the toxic YouTubers get to say "I told you so" forever now. (Queue brooklyn 99 vindication gif)

It's a disappointing that this should have been an easy win for DS/V; and even if DLC and patching makes the game more attractive for retention later, it's gonna be a hard battle from day 1, instead of an auto-pilot.

I'm having it sent through Gamefly now, because despite watching a playthrough last night and getting a refund, I really want this game to be patched into a success.

I just played 3 hours on PC, after all those average reviews and hate the game is getting - I was really worried, but I like it so far, SkillUp said shooting is worse than in SR3, for me its the opposite. Tho there are glitches and bugs, but those can be fixed and story can be expanded via DLCs.
I think its unfair how much hate this game is getting.

OP wanted honesty... The thing is.

At best the game is GENERIC and MEDIOCRE.
At worst it's a pile of garbage and a total waste of money and resources.
Volition dug their own grave with this game.

There's no way to defend a game like this. Weak plot. forgettable characters. The writing as a whole is Extremely AWFUL.
The whole game screams Jim Boone pulling a Steve Buscemi's "HOW DO YOU DO FELLOW KIDS?"

I'll get it, once it's on Steam at 5-10 Bucks. I still want to mess with the Boss Creator. If there is a DLC i would like to see... the old Gang back! opening a rift inviting the "new" saints to see "Other" Saints universes, then come back to Saint Illeso to do all kinds of hardcore stuff and making silly jokes about the new gang lol. And Gat forcing Keving to use a effing Shirt.

I would pay $20 to see a DLC just like that. I mean, if the ship it's sinking why not go out with style? lol.

I just played 3 hours on PC, after all those average reviews and hate the game is getting - I was really worried, but I like it so far, SkillUp said shooting is worse than in SR3, for me its the opposite. Tho there are glitches and bugs, but those can be fixed and story can be expanded via DLCs.
I think its unfair how much hate this game is getting.
I wonder if they actually tried to lockon/zoom in? When you do that, shooting becomes a lot easier.

Back