SPOILERS I want everyones honest opinion

Honestly, I felt Saints Row IV and Gat out of Hell were akin to spinoffs. It didn't feel like a Saints Row game. The Reboot really does capture that vibe, and I'm all for it.
having only played saints row three fully through, and now playing saints row 2 for the first time in fkin Y E A R S, i agree. Saints row three doesnt have any of those what the actual fuck moments. im hoping that the reboot has moments like in 2 with mero and his gf, and just the ruthless killing and punishment of all the other gang leaders. All though i just want the gsme to feel alive with peds and traffic

Serious talK guys, we really need to keep fighting about the new SR? I´m not that interested on the game truly and i have my reasons, but just looking into small stuff ingame to keep talking trash and the discussions from here to there between groups it´s getting too old too fast dude, let the people enjoy the game as they like and lets try to keep this ´separate groups of fans´ behind of us, we all are fans of SR, some like more the new other the old but it´s okey, not needed all the toxicity that there has been. :eek:

now i´m gonna return to the void
All I wanted when I started this post was to see the good and bad sides of the new reboot. I wasn't aiming for people to start fighting or what not. I'm excited for it and all I wanted was to hear others opinions. I'm with Stillwater on this one. lets stop arguing. If you don't like the game don't play it. Simple. Done. END.OF.STORY. Let me enjoy it and you go along your merry way. There is no reason to bash the devs on their choices, If you think you could create a better game then go for it. Not everything is gonna be everyone's cup of tea.

Seriously man you have to take any criticism dont get mad everyone has their right to criticize this games.. Criticize some games in new series its really common take it or leave it.

This fight its pointless and it just make the community fall apart so lets discuss this with calm no more fight okay

"Because it's what was advertised."
When and where exactly was Tagging ever confirmed to be in the game?
The wall... I'm talking about that fucking red brick wall.
I didn't say it was confirmed, but it was advertised. And it was a pretty fucking consequential part of the marketing campaign, being the actual game announcement and all.
That wall advertised a completely different game... A game about classic gang culture.

Poison Ivy is a criminal who kills people and assists in robberies, but she never abandons her environmentalist morals. She would never drive a gas guzzling bulldozer through a forest just to take a shortcut.

And uh... Who do you think poisoned the planet in the first place... "Humans"... So of course Eli can kill people as a criminal, but still care about the environment.
Ok, but outside of supervillains, people who jut drive hybrid cars don't usually hate the entire human race, even Eco-terrorists don't kill people and just take out the infrastructures.
So, yeah, maybe Eli is using morals to justify his actions but I doubt that's actually the case in game.

"Look, I get why they included this diversion, it fits with the overall theme of the game. I'm just saying that this theme as a whole is flawed."
Not sure I quite understand why this theme is flawed, but ok.

"I'm not against modernization, or it's representation in fiction. I just don't like the "influencer" culture, and the way it's presented in this game."
Well I guess that's fair enough. Everyone has their own likes & dislikes. (btw Subscribe and Comment below for more content)

"I believe there were other ways for this game to feel different from the previous ones, if this is what Volition wanted."
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is what Volition had in mind, I just think that certain people are just misinterpreting Volition's sense of humour for them being "woke", when it comes to poking fun at certain aspects of society's evolution

But the main point is... All these new features are in the game, not because Volition think they are "hip" or "trending"... They're in the game because it's something Volition can playfully mock and have fun with, turning them into interactive features/references in the game.

One such example right here:
Idol Icon: What even is real in a late-stage capitalist digital economy?

Can't you see the problem? If Saints Row 2022 is a commentary on the "Gen Z" culture, then we are the butt of the joke, or at least the protagonists are. They are the ones engaging in the practices being mocked by Volition. From what we've seen so far, they look like walking parodies (although I actually like the student debt aspect, hopefully they go somewhere with it).

SRTT had the same problem, it was a commentary on celebrity, and on people who loose touch with reality because they grow too big. And who was the biggest example of that in the game? Yeah, you probably already guessed.
This is a big part of why people don't like the SR3 boss.

Now compare this to SR1 and 2, criticizing government corruption and mega corporations. In these games you're actually going up against those being criticized. The protagonists are de facto more likeable in those games because of that.

I didn't say it was confirmed, but it was advertised. And it was a pretty fucking consequential part of the marketing campaign, being the actual game announcement and all.
That wall advertised a completely different game... A game about classic gang culture.

Ok, but outside of supervillains, people who jut drive hybrid cars don't usually hate the entire human race, even Eco-terrorists don't kill people and just take out the infrastructures.
So, yeah, maybe Eli is using morals to justify his actions but I doubt that's actually the case in game.

Can't you see the problem? If Saints Row 2022 is a commentary on the "Gen Z" culture, then we are the butt of the joke, or at least the protagonists are. They are the ones engaging in the practices being mocked by Volition. From what we've seen so far, they look like walking parodies (although I actually like the student debt aspect, hopefully they go somewhere with it).

SRTT had the same problem, it was a commentary on celebrity, and on people who loose touch with reality because they grow too big. And who was the biggest example of that in the game? Yeah, you probably already guessed.

Now compare this to SR1 and 2, criticizing government corruption and mega corporations. In these games you're actually going up against those being criticized. The protagonists are de facto more likeable in those games because of that.
This... You write some good point man.

Edit:Yep i hate SRTT boss too he just like someone else i didnt even recognize this is playa from sr1 anymore

Last edited:
Ok, so that wall was a little misleading at first, but if you go back and look at it now, with all this new information we have, you can see a lot of inspiration from the actual game, it just definitely was not the best way of starting their advertising campaign.

Supervillians, video game characters, TV shows... It's all fiction, it doesn't have to be 100% realistic, that's the point.

If video games followed all the morals and rules of the real world, it would be so boring.

So if Eli wants to thin out the herd while saving the environment, then why not?

Ok, but all comedy has to have something or someone be the butt of the joke, and it's all in good fun, otherwise it wouldn't be a joke... It would be sexism, or racism, or some kind of "ism" that would just end with everyone giving up and stop trying to create content, be it video games, or comedy sketchs.

But that was the point, there was a lot of complaints about the SR2 Boss being viewed as a spycopath, so they toned down the Boss's demeanor in SRTT to prove a point... But somehow it still turned out to be the most sold SR game anyway.

I can't say it wasn't fun to bring down the corrupt Ultor corporation, with a crew of badass Saints...

But for once I want to play a game where I have to build my own badass Saints from a bunch of real underdogs...

I mean, when you have a guy like Johnny Gat on your team, it's pretty obvious you're gonna win.

But when you're working with a shirtless chef, a rejected art curator, and guy with a bowtie who can't weild a gun... It poses more of a challenge.

But that was the point, there was a lot of complaints about the SR2 Boss being viewed as a spycopath, so they toned down the Boss's demeanor in SRTT to prove a point... But somehow it still turned out to be the most sold SR game anyway.
Thats why people hate it when V decide to toned down his personality..
I mean, when you have a guy like Johnny Gat on your team, it's pretty obvious you're gonna win.
No need gat too boss can win didnt you remember that in SR2 when gat bleeding out ?? Boss can take care of ronin by himself.... in SRTT after they assume gat died... Boss doing some Crazy action again... It means Playa in SR2 are different with the next ones.. they make him looks dumb and not that smart thats why people hate it and still loved playa from sr1,2.. he using intelligence,Think smart,Merciless playa we wanted from SR until now.

No need gat too boss can win didnt you remember that in SR2 when gat bleeding out ?? Boss can take care of ronin by himself.... in SRTT after they assume gat died... Boss doing some Crazy action again... It means Playa in SR2 are different with the next ones.. they make him looks dumb and not that smart thats why people hate it and still loved playa from sr1,2.. he using intelligence,Think smart,Merciless playa we wanted from SR until now.
Ok, so then just ignore the campaign, ignore the Homies, and just go out into Santo Ileso and be the badass Boss you wanna be.

Take the city on by yourself, just like Boss did when Gat was unavailable.

Ok, so then just ignore the campaign, ignore the Homies, and just go out into Santo Ileso and be the badass Boss you wanna be.

Take the city on by yourself, just like Boss did when Gat was unavailable.
Nope thats not i'm talking about.. They should show more story of the side character not just focused on The boss thats all

Back