SPOILERS I want everyones honest opinion

Do you actually non ironically think they spent 8 years making this game? Jesus fuck... You're really undermining how much work goes into making video games and it shows. Its barely 4 years in development and you're undermining how of the delay is actually used to add new assets in.

Nope, you could never. You could only change your sex but never your gender. You can still swap your sex in SRR by pulling a slider... or picking a female preset lol. Its not rocket science, yall are just choosing to be cranky because new = bad

You literally said you're playing first two games as a REAL GANG LEADER lol, you're not a gang leader in SR1. Also how is voodoo magic (Samedi) and military corporation (Ultor) "gang aesthetics" lol
Come on man no fight anymore geez we trying to share the opinion can you just chill ??

I can actually confirm this is not true.

I tested this theory, and the npcs react differently to the voice, not the gender/sex of the character.

How did I test this?

I gave a male character a female voice. The npcs referred to my character as female

In SR2 by the way. But I think the same rule applies for SRTT & SRIV
Not they dont call you her or she in SRTT and IV i test it for 20 hours they refer you still as the man even Zimos call you a man...

In SR2 frat row cheerleader react you as the girl like:"oh there's nothing good than the girl using guns it just sexy" even you change the voice in SRTT and iv with female you still being called a man... because SR2 the only games has pronouns but some of save game with female member also react to your male character and call you as the girl so beware

Last edited:
because SR2 the only games has pronouns but some of save game with female member also react to your male character and call you as the girl so beware
Yeah, that's what I was saying.

In SR2 the npcs react to the voice, not the gender.

So if you had a female character with a male voice, they'd refer to you as male.

If you had a male character with a female voice, they'd refer to you as female.

But I was never sure what npcs referred to the character as in SRTT & SRIV, cos I never really payed attention.

SRTT and IV didn't give a f about your gender and they abandon you so badly in the street(I mean they are looks dead)never though they only react to the voice.. as someone digging SRTT and IV forawwhile.. i must confirm yes they dont call you a girl right now.. using Non binary maybe since Zimos still call you a man.. i was expected they call me martha since in wiki and fandom boss other names was martha and winston... NPCs SR2 old man mad when i taunt them and they spill your real name like"Dont start with me martha!"
Yeah, that's what I was saying.

In SR2 the npcs react to the voice, not the gender.

So if you had a female character with a male voice, they'd refer to you as male.

If you had a male character with a female voice, they'd refer to you as female.

But I was never sure what npcs referred to the character as in SRTT & SRIV, cos I never really payed attention.

Basically what I want to know is how do you feel about the toned down nature of The REBOOT. No more di**o bats, or anything of that nature. DO you think if the reboot had elements of previous saints row games it would automatically be favored over the reboot theme or do you think Volition is making a good move toning it down and giving a new setting and new characters.
When it comes down to it...

1. I'm happy to see a new set of characters, as the original Saints started to turn into caricatures of their former selves by the 4th game. Spouting one-liners and rarely changing their demeanour for situations of less or more seriousness.

2. Stilwater - Loved it. Steelport - Meh. New Hades - Too small. From what I've seen of Santo Ileso so far... I'm gonna love it. Route 66, Las Vegas, Mexico... All places I love, and have been to 2 of them.

3. I was a little disappointed with the reduction of sliders and options in the new Character Customizer, but I was still able to make do with what was there. It took some getting used to, but I still made some pretty cool characters with it.

4. I don't care if there's 10 vehicles, or 100 vehicles in the game, so long as it's not too difficult to obtain them all. I get that some will spawn rarer than others, but I really miss Foreign Power from SR2 (GOTR). It made obtaining vehicles way easier than just having to wait around for my favorite vehicle to spawn on the streets.

5. I just really hope there's a lot of variation in Gang Customization. Such as: Cowboys, Beach Wear, Scientists, Construction workers, Fast Food workers, Goths, etc. Because if they're all rather bland and theme-less, then what's the point?

6. Anything else in the game (The existence of Didlo Bats, Wingsuits, Swords & Sword Animations, Abilities, Farts in Jars, etc.), they're all just extras there to be used as you like, to make sure each playthrough can be customized as much as possible. I'm neither for or against them. If I want to use them, I will. If I don't want to, then I won't. If they're in the game, meh. If they're not in the game, meh.

Last edited:
Miss the block sword katana from the back... SR2 success to make parody of Kill bill... However,Never use katana with brotherhood with hammer they are immune 🤣.

Need some sword animation than sr2.. no more swinging bat 😴

I will beat SRR for once or maybe twice...guess what after that maybe learning modding cutscene in SR2... I will predicted the post game will be boring

I'm sure that post story, there'll be a lot of secrets to uncover.

I also hope the Ventures are replayable, because they do look fun, especially the waste disposal and working for Jim Robs.

And to be honest, this is the first time I'm actually looking forward to playing Insurance Fraud, cos it looks fun, instead of being a tedious nightmare.

Last edited:
I think my honest opinion, overall, is that I'm going to wait until the game actually comes out before I judge it. As long as they aren't going to introduce political messages JUST to be political and show how "good" of people they are, then chances are I'll buy it. I really do not care what political stance they take publicly, whether it be right, left, OR center. Just don't shove it in my face, m'kay?

That said...
1) We can all be relived that they basically retconned gat outta hell and 4 as a fever dream and be relieved we dont have another game dealing with alien invasions
I second this, wholeheartedly. I've never played Gat Outta Hell but I did play 4. I know a good number of people liked it, and you know what, that's okay. And it's okay if some people are disappointed that the newest game isn't anything like the last. Everyone can like what they like. That said, I personally don't think 4 fit into the canon of Saints Row... It was an okay, maybe even good game, dare I say it. But it just...wasn't a Saints Row game. Not to me

2) While I'm seriously going to miss the OG saints, I think not including them in a REBOOT is a good idea. In the age of Marvel Movies dealing with alternate Universes and Different Realities, We can treat this exactly the same, While its not quite the same (characters having different names etc), we can think of it as a alternate reality for the saints. Kinda a WHAT IF episode if you will. WHAT IF- The Third Street Saints Never existed.
I agree though...for different reasons. Mainly while I too am going to miss the old characters, I honestly believe that their stories ended with 3. There really wasn't much left to tell. Like...by the start of 4, the Saints literally have control of the entire United States. lmao

3) I love the inclusivity. Seeing prostetics in a game that ISN'T added through mods is AMAZING. I am lucky and have my limbs intact but, what if your a military vet and you LOVE to play video games and you LOVE to attempt to make a accurate version of your self but find you cant because you havea prostetic leg becuase you lost yours in the war. ( This is not me trying to be insensitive to anyone who has prostetics, please don't take it that way). I love the new options they added, partial nudity in vanilla is something untill recently anyone would have thought about doing(aside from CYBERPUNK 2077, I cant think of a vanilla game that had a nudity option), The unlocked gender customization options and any voice for any gender is so cool. ( Granted all sr have had that option)
I think this is...fine... As long as this inclusivity isn't there for the sake of being there and doesn't go beyond character creation and customization, then that's okay. Again, don't shove your (Volition) politics in my face, and we good (Though removing gender options and reducing max breast size is an...odd decision to me, to put it mildly)

4) New city. Look we all loved steelport and steelwater but lets be real, after seeing the same city for 2 games, a change in scenery is VERY welcome in my opinion.
Yes. Just yes

5) EVERY CAR AND VEHICLE HAS CUSTOMIZATION. Need I say more?
Again, just yes

6) GUNS AND WEAPONS. 2 words. FUCKING KEYBLADE. Those who know, know. Also I spotted a katana in one of the trailers, gun apperence customization, change the look, etc.
I know some people are upset that you can't run around with a giant ass dildo and wack people with it, and I sympathize. But, like...ehhh? It's not a huge deal. And I'm sure if the modding architecture is good enough one could simply add such a weapon back in so
7) Abilities (not super powers). Wingsuit, eejecto seato cuz, and more im sure(I cant remember off the top of my head what they were)
Certainly sounds cool but again, we shall see

8) BE WHO YOU WANNA BE.
I mean...sure?

Oh yeah...Epic exclusivity for a year... Yeah, that's the one thing I hate. Yes yes, I know, it was likely a much better business venture to go with Epic for a year, and I get that. I still do not like it

Back