SPOILERS I want everyones honest opinion

So with a REBOOT obvisly comes with changes, some good some bad. The puckish rogue saints we know and loved are gone and in comes a new youthful hipster esque group of misfits and gangsters. With The Boss having previous military or private militia training (or whatever it was), how does this make you feel. OG BOSS from sr1 was just a random guy caught up in the wrong place at the wrong time, got the s**t beat outta him then was part of the gang. The three other founders of the saints were part of other gangs.

Basically what I want to know is how do you feel about the toned down nature of The REBOOT. No more di**o bats, or anything of that nature. DO you think if the reboot had elements of previous saints row games it would automatically be favored over the reboot theme or do you think Volition is making a good move toning it down and giving a new setting and new characters.

MY FEELINGS:
1) We can all be relived that they basically retconned gat outta hell and 4 as a fever dream and be relieved we dont have another game dealing with alien invasions
2) While I'm seriously going to miss the OG saints, I think not including them in a REBOOT is a good idea. In the age of Marvel Movies dealing with alternate Universes and Different Realities, We can treat this exactly the same, While its not quite the same (characters having different names etc), we can think of it as a alternate reality for the saints. Kinda a WHAT IF episode if you will. WHAT IF- The Third Street Saints Never existed.
3) I love the inclusivity. Seeing prostetics in a game that ISN'T added through mods is AMAZING. I am lucky and have my limbs intact but, what if your a military vet and you LOVE to play video games and you LOVE to attempt to make a accurate version of your self but find you cant because you havea prostetic leg becuase you lost yours in the war. ( This is not me trying to be insensitive to anyone who has prostetics, please don't take it that way). I love the new options they added, partial nudity in vanilla is something untill recently anyone would have thought about doing(aside from CYBERPUNK 2077, I cant think of a vanilla game that had a nudity option), The unlocked gender customization options and any voice for any gender is so cool. ( Granted all sr have had that option)
4) New city. Look we all loved steelport and steelwater but lets be real, after seeing the same city for 2 games, a change in scenery is VERY welcome in my opinion.
5) EVERY CAR AND VEHICLE HAS CUSTOMIZATION. Need I say more?
6) GUNS AND WEAPONS. 2 words. FUCKING KEYBLADE. Those who know, know. Also I spotted a katana in one of the trailers, gun apperence customization, change the look, etc.
7) Abilities (not super powers). Wingsuit, eejecto seato cuz, and more im sure(I cant remember off the top of my head what they were)
8) BE WHO YOU WANNA BE.

Thank you all for reading I know its long but hopefully it gives you a different perspetive to look at

Basically what I want to know is how do you feel about the toned down nature of The REBOOT. No more di**o bats, or anything of that nature.
I think they wanted to make a game for a younger audience, people who play games like Fortnite that's why the new SR game is full of craziness if you watch gameplay videos. But I also have a feeling older audience will like it too. Maybe there's no dildo bats but there's still mature jokes like store names (Bee DSM, Pawn Hub, O'Ballicks Irish Pub).

If you liked previous Volition games, not only SR1-2 you will enjoy it too. I'm presonally not super hyped but will definitely pre-order it soon.
While I'm seriously going to miss the OG saints, I think not including them in a REBOOT is a good idea.
That's a great idea buuut I have a feeling we will see some of the old cast. Hope as a reference/easter egg only.
Seeing prostetics in a game that ISN'T added through mods is AMAZING.
BE WHO YOU WANNA BE.
The more customization options the better. I'm still sad there's a lack of sliders but I'll get used to that.
New city. Look we all loved steelport and steelwater but lets be real, after seeing the same city for 2 games, a change in scenery is VERY welcome in my opinion.
Stilwater not Steelwater btw but yea, I agree. We already got Stilwater in 2 games, Steelport in 2 games so having a new city is a great thing and if I want to visit previous cities again I can simply launch previous games, unless they give us some map modding tools.

I think they wanted to make a game for a younger audience, people who play games like Fortnite that's why the new SR game is full of craziness if you watch gameplay videos. But I also have a feeling older audience will like it too. Maybe there's no dildo bats but there's still mature jokes like store names (Bee DSM, Pawn Hub, O'Ballicks Irish Pub).
not for nothing they are going to launch on Epic Games ... they clearly want to sell the game to the kids, make a SR Reboot more PG 13 with out nudity or gore and make it more cartoonish

Which only 80+ vehicles. Even Sr2 has 120+ vehicles and that game from 2008.
58 outta those 120 vehicles are reused models from SR1 with absolutely zero new customization options. Comparing a game that reuses almost 50% of the cars from the previous game to a game that had to remake every car from scratch is not fair at all.
I wish homie, but they dont even let me chose gender or race anymore.
You could never pick your own gender in a Saints Row game so that's literally nothing new. And race is mostly skintones which you can edit freely with HSV sliders
Which almost all of them has foregrips because they filled the animation limit with stupid stuff who doesnt asked for like that "keyblade" i mean this is how fk up it is. This is an open world shooter game and it seems they consider guns after all that other stuff and they putting a keyblade from another genre.
Keyblade is literally reusing the same animation as the baseball bat lol. So now baseball bats are "too goofy" for Saints Row too?
first two Sr games with all the gang aesthetics like playing as a real gang leader
You don't play as a gang leader in Saints Row 1... You sure you played the first game lol?

So with a REBOOT obvisly comes with changes, some good some bad. The puckish rogue saints we know and loved are gone and in comes a new youthful hipster esque group of misfits and gangsters. With The Boss having previous military or private militia training (or whatever it was), how does this make you feel. OG BOSS from sr1 was just a random guy caught up in the wrong place at the wrong time, got the s**t beat outta him then was part of the gang. The three other founders of the saints were part of other gangs.

Basically what I want to know is how do you feel about the toned down nature of The REBOOT. No more di**o bats, or anything of that nature. DO you think if the reboot had elements of previous saints row games it would automatically be favored over the reboot theme or do you think Volition is making a good move toning it down and giving a new setting and new characters.

MY FEELINGS:
1) We can all be relived that they basically retconned gat outta hell and 4 as a fever dream and be relieved we dont have another game dealing with alien invasions
2) While I'm seriously going to miss the OG saints, I think not including them in a REBOOT is a good idea. In the age of Marvel Movies dealing with alternate Universes and Different Realities, We can treat this exactly the same, While its not quite the same (characters having different names etc), we can think of it as a alternate reality for the saints. Kinda a WHAT IF episode if you will. WHAT IF- The Third Street Saints Never existed.
3) I love the inclusivity. Seeing prostetics in a game that ISN'T added through mods is AMAZING. I am lucky and have my limbs intact but, what if your a military vet and you LOVE to play video games and you LOVE to attempt to make a accurate version of your self but find you cant because you havea prostetic leg becuase you lost yours in the war. ( This is not me trying to be insensitive to anyone who has prostetics, please don't take it that way). I love the new options they added, partial nudity in vanilla is something untill recently anyone would have thought about doing(aside from CYBERPUNK 2077, I cant think of a vanilla game that had a nudity option), The unlocked gender customization options and any voice for any gender is so cool. ( Granted all sr have had that option)
4) New city. Look we all loved steelport and steelwater but lets be real, after seeing the same city for 2 games, a change in scenery is VERY welcome in my opinion.
5) EVERY CAR AND VEHICLE HAS CUSTOMIZATION. Need I say more?
6) GUNS AND WEAPONS. 2 words. FUCKING KEYBLADE. Those who know, know. Also I spotted a katana in one of the trailers, gun apperence customization, change the look, etc.
7) Abilities (not super powers). Wingsuit, eejecto seato cuz, and more im sure(I cant remember off the top of my head what they were)
8) BE WHO YOU WANNA BE.

Thank you all for reading I know its long but hopefully it gives you a different perspetive to look at
Personally, I'm just glad they're channeling more of SR2 into it ESPECIALLY in the story. People can shit on SRTT and SRIV all they want, but they did allow you to go on crazy rampages, the same can be said for two but with less crazier weapons.

Back