Help!

Just wondering if anybody can help me with an issue I'm having. I downloaded GOTR and made a custom modded patch for my game and it makes the my custom patch folder. It says that it there should be files in it, but when I look, the folder is empty. I've tried creating the patch multiple times, even deleted and re downloaded GOTR and nothing seems to work. I'm pretty new to the whole modding thing so any suggestions or answers will be greatly appreciated.

Just wondering if anybody can help me with an issue I'm having. I downloaded GOTR and made a custom modded patch for my game and it makes the my custom patch folder. It says that it there should be files in it, but when I look, the folder is empty. I've tried creating the patch multiple times, even deleted and re downloaded GOTR and nothing seems to work. I'm pretty new to the whole modding thing so any suggestions or answers will be greatly appreciated.
When you want to create a custom modded patch in GOTR, you must open the program "Create_Custom_GotR_v1.9.2.bat", press P to see if you want to add an extra mod that the program offers or press P again to build the patch. Once the program tells you that is done, you must go to the folder "MY_CUSTOM_PATCH". Then you need to copy the 3 files that are inside: patch.vpp, preload.tbl and preload_anim.tbl to your main Sr2 folder (where your Sr2.exe is located).

Thats the exact process I did. when I look in the My custom patch folder, after creating the custom patch, the 3 files I'm supposed to copy are not there. its just a blank folder.

When you want to create a custom modded patch in GOTR, you must open the program "Create_Custom_GotR_v1.9.2.bat", press P to see if you want to add an extra mod that the program offers or press P again to build the patch. Once the program tells you that is done, you must go to the folder "MY_CUSTOM_PATCH". Then you need to copy the 3 files that are inside: patch.vpp, preload.tbl and preload_anim.tbl to your main Sr2 folder (where your Sr2.exe is located).

A couple random tips, maybe one can help.

1) Place the unzipped GotR folder anywhere but the Desktop. Also, check its properties and make sure it's not read-only.

2) launch Create_Custom_GotR_v1.9.2.bat from a DOS shell with Admin privileges instead of double-clicking it. Locate cmd.exe on your PC, right-click it and select "Run as Administrator". From the DOS shell, navigate to the GotR folder and launch Create_Custom_GotR_v1.9.2.bat. Try not to select anything, just press "P" and hit Enter. (Note: I'm on Windows 7, if you're not and never used a command prompt you might want to google it.) If it works, re-launch Create_Custom_GotR_v1.9.2.bat and freely choose any option you like.

A couple random tips, maybe one can help.

1) Place the unzipped GotR folder anywhere but the Desktop. Also, check its properties and make sure it's not read-only.

2) launch Create_Custom_GotR_v1.9.2.bat from a DOS shell with Admin privileges instead of double-clicking it. Locate cmd.exe on your PC, right-click it and select "Run as Administrator". From the DOS shell, navigate to the GotR folder and launch Create_Custom_GotR_v1.9.2.bat. Try not to select anything, just press "P" and hit Enter. (Note: I'm on Windows 7, if you're not and never used a command prompt you might want to google it.) If it works, re-launch Create_Custom_GotR_v1.9.2.bat and freely choose any option you like.
No matter what I do, nothing seems to work. whether I activate mods or not, is says something like it couldn't find a place for the mods or some such thing. if I run it as an admin, it just tells me the folder doesn't exist. I'm honestly very confused.

Could you post a screenshot of how your GotR main folder looks like? I never ran into such an issue before

2021-06-01.png

Ok, the folder it's not on the Desktop, looks like c:\Gentlemen_of_the_Row_Saints_Row_2_Super_Mod_v1.9.2 or something like that. I'm sorry I can't help you, I guess it's way beyond my meager proficiency with programs :( Can't think of anything keeping GotR from compiling a patch.

Back