Hello

Hey all, just bought this game off steam 2 weeks ago when they had their 66% off sale and I am LOVING IT!
I think I have already logged about 90 hrs of game time and am on my 2nd play-through.

I have to say, I am enjoying all the mods on this site and am getting into tinker a few of my own.
I started modding for Medal of Honor back in 2000 and was invited to EA headquarters in LA for my work with it.

From then on life took over and I have done far less modding lately, but did create a couple of things for Oblivion over at TesNexus.
I find games are far more enjoyable when they can be altered to an individuals taste and improved upon, that's why I much prefer PC over console.

Anyway, hello again and I look forward to seeing some more great content.

I demand you make a Hobbs Homie mod sir! lol welcome welcome!

P.S considering mascot NPC's......this might actually be doable for someone eh?lol

Well, you'll find Oblivion modding (and any other of the Beth engine line.. they're all the same game underneath from Morrowind on with updates, only the graphics engine changed) a lot easier at times. Right now we don't have any graphics tools, excepting texture tools which are hand-made reverse-engineered. Model tools are right out but we've got people on the format making strides. Sadly npcs and players are entirely different, so you can't just drop one on the other (in the My Name is Cyrus mission it's actually a custom costume of that NPC even though the actual npc model exists too). Sound we can replace, but can't add new soundbanks or entries yet, probably something we're missing. Missions we can do a fair bit of LUA scripting, but a lot of the stuff is just handled in the engine.

On the other hand, what we can mod easily is in xtbls, xtml-format plaintext files. You can just drop them in the game root directory (or in some cases repack the str2 archive they were in, update the asm file which is used to keep track of sizes of str2s, then drop those in to root). Done. When you can tune it, it's easy to make the game use your mods compared to a lot.

So yeah. I don't know MOH's design, but this is probably more and less restrictive at the same time. Good to have someone who's done it before. Maybe if you have some free time you can start poking at some of the binary files we don't know to see how the hex works, use your experience to decipher just what Voilition's coders were thinking (likely "Damnit this isn;'t working, let's just kludge it so we can meet shipdate":p)

Good to have someone who's done it before. Maybe if you have some free time you can start poking at some of the binary files we don't know to see how the hex works, use your experience to decipher just what Voilition's coders were thinking (likely "Damnit this isn;'t working, let's just kludge it so we can meet shipdate":p)
I think they paid Infinity Ward to do a quick drop and go for them :p

Well hello there! I would like to drop by and say Hi! I am new to the forum though have been familiar with the game for well over a very long time already. A slew of game mods have reeled me into liking the game even further and participate into the forum as well.

I just hope that I would be able to get my own mods, be it simple skin mods working that easy.

Back