Having trouble with Powertools

So I tried using Powertools to get SR2 running at the proper speed, but I came across an odd problem:

No matter what I set the speed percentage to it always runs too slow. During the stopwatch test I found that any thing above and including 100% speed resulted in a time of 1:23, 20 seconds faster than it should be. Sounds about right for the speedup bug. But when I set it to anything lower (99% or less) it will always give me a time of 2:03, 20 seconds slow. setting it to anything less than 90% only slows the game further. I've tried every value between .99 and .90 and it always results in the same exact time of 2:03.

So now I'm a bit frustrated. I've spent hours trying to get it to work, including restarting my PC twice and even trying a fresh SR2 install, but nothing changes. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm having this exact same problem. Feel like I'm bashing my head against a wall. What exactly is Powertools doing? Is it possible that I need to change my DirectX settings?

Quite a few people get this. It's a timing related issue and seems to stick with individual PCs - but I've never been able to reproduce it on a PC that I can test against :(

I see... I'll post my hardware specs, maybe they can be of some help.

jqLGX7L.jpg

EDITED: I've solved my problem enabling HPET in my OS, as I saw on another thread.

Last edited:
EDITED: I've solved my problem enabling HPET in my OS, as I saw on another thread.
This works for a few people - this means that the Windows system timer wasn't of high enough resolution for Powertools to fiddle it - enabling HPET increases the frequency of the system timer and stuff starts to work better.

Same here, how i ennable HPET?

edit: mu HPET is enabled, so what i can do now? maybe unable it?

edit2: also, i tried the beta powertolls and is still slow and i don't know how to remove it

Last edited:
Same here, how i ennable HPET?

edit: mu HPET is enabled, so what i can do now? maybe unable it?

edit2: also, i tried the beta powertolls and is still slow and i don't know how to remove it
Just delete the DXFreezerServer.dll, Powertools.dll and Powertools.ini from your Saints Row 2 folder.

Back