Handgun Fun - Just messing around.

I built this mod off of a modified version of Snipe's Permanent Temporary Weapons Mods. So a massive credit to him, the meat of what I have done is just some early tinkering.

Version 3 Total Rundown:
- Kobra is now a rapid 3 round burst handgun
- T3K is now receives armor piercing at lvl 4.
- D34Th Blossom receives Taser Like rounds that shock people at lvl 4.
- Shotguns can now be wielded on motorcycles, rifles cannot.
- Minigun, Flamethrower, and Luchador Launcer are now permanent weapons.
- Decker hammer is now a melee weapon, does not require ammo.
- Stun Gun is a melee weapon. 4 shots before it over heats. Becomes dual wielded with the dual pistol upgrade.
- Grave Digger no longer fires incendiary rounds. Armor peircing, and becomes dual wielded with the Dual SMG perk.
- All temporary weapons for Murder Brawl are fixed, this was a very small issue in Snipe's mod.
- Riot shields are only temporary now, felt this was just a good idea to change back.
- Krukov has a decent increase in damage. AR-55 is slightly more powerful as well.

Version 4! Just a quick update.
- Police shotgun is all around better, faster, and stronger. Its a more reliable weapon.
- Grave Digger's have been weakened, but not much. Just enough to make dual wielding them fair.
- Stag Shotgun is now more efficient. Fires slightly faster, over heating doesn't feel ridiculous.
- Stag Rifle is now more effective in terms of heat dispersal as well. Doesn't feel unfair.
- Found and fixed an error with the Shepards, they are explosive again.
- Remote gun has infinite raaaaaaaange!
- Minigun and Flame Thrower are now centered for when you look at the weapons cache or a shop. I found the Item_Cust_camera file, it allowed me to give them a more official appearance. Could not get this effect to work on the Lucha Launcher.

Version 5, the final update:
- Lucha launcher detonates on impact with people and cars, shortened fuse time.
- Stag Rifle and Shotgun at lvl4 set people on fire... laaaaaaasers!
- Everything now unlocks as you play through the game. Brute weapons after mission 6, satchels after mission 10, Apoca Fist after murder brawl, and rocket hammer after deckers die... I am super sure this works right and will allow it to feel like a more natural progression.
- Lots of little bug testing here and there.

SUPER DUPER UPDATE OF UPDATES!
- No more multiple files, there is only one download.
- Features all previous update fixes.
- AR-55 is full auto on final upgrade
- Sniper has explosive rounds on final upgrade
- I have taken down all previous versions, there can only be one!
-DUN DUN DUUUUUND

Please download finally version 2, fixes a screw up. Now items unlock properly through mission progression as intended. Also, prepare for something awesome soon.

Ok, this is it, finally balancing. Unless in the next week or so I find out how to change weapons descriptions and fix the Lucha Launcher and Rocket Hammer's weapons cache model positions I'm pretty much done with this. Its exactly how I wanted it.

Link to Version 4: (site file uploader was not working for me)
http://www.mediafire.com/?livlw2sot05u3li

Link to Version 5:
http://www.mediafire.com/?o9lkgv2j0280ybi

Credits:
Snipes! For his awesome mod.
Myself, for getting bored!
Volition, for an awesome game.
Ryuzaki, studied his RC gun mod on how to fix mine.

Thanks and God Bless to everyone who's work has aided in this project and to anyone who's enjoying it! ^_^

Attachments

• Stun_Gun_Fun.rar
    73.9 KB · Views: 4,186
WoW thats awesome, cant try it now, because i'm at school :( but i WILL try it... btw did you had permission to modificate snipes mod?
EDIT: OMG this is a freaking good mod!!! but i think you should put the stun gun back in the melee slot, because i love my pistols and my stun gun :D

oke cool, testing v2 now, its even more awesome then v1 :p love the mod, keep up the great work. Question: as i asked before about changing the stungun back to melee slot; is it even possible to keep it double wield and in the melee slot, otherwise i gett it why it is in the pistol slot ;)
EDIT: oops forgot to read your post, so it is possible... COOL :D

No worries Ruby, I've already fixed the Stun_Guns for V3. I want to fine tune this a bit more and make it feel very balanced for that. So far I've removed incendiary rounds because while they are deadly, they just make a fire fight a mess. Awesome I just set... OH GOD I'M ON FIRE NOW TOO! Instead the Grave Digger and T3K both receive armor piercing rounds. Being able to fire shotguns and Rifles while driving feels like it was a good idea, but I'm still debating if that is totally balanced.

V3 improvements:
- Stun Gun now in melee, but once you get Pistol dual wield it will become dual as well.
- Added stun effect like the stun gun to lvl 4 of the D34th blossom smg. I think this would look cool, it'd match the electric grenade.
- Increased assault rifle damage across the board, the Krukov is oddly weak.
- T3k and Grave Digger now armor piercing, not incendiary. Possibly a dual wield grave digger
- Stag Shotgun to receive a rapid 2 round burst instead of its bizarrely slow automatic fire.

These are my only planned projects right now. I want all weapons to feel worth using and messing with.

EDIT: VERSION 3 IS OOOOOOOUT!

:D and again COOL, you ask around if you should make rifles double wield... i think thats not a good idea. it will look stupid and it will be over powered... Not that i care about the power :p
btw what weapon is the T3K?

I like the idea of setting people on fire with incendiary rounds and let them set other people on fire while running and screaming, so changing the ammo in TEK Z-10 SMG to armor piercing was kind of meh.

Overall this is a very nice mod, keep up the good work.

How do i install this? I have installed other game mods before so i know how to find the folders (and i have 7-zip), but im not sure where to put this

Back