Hacking Stores

Hi guys I wanted to know is there a way round hacking those darn stores? the problem is that when I go to hack stores using a help, it shows you a number I believe in the top left corner, but I cant see it, so this is the problem I'm having, myself I'm not the greatest fan of having to hack stores anyways, so any help you guys can give me would be much appreciated. The game itself is a full copy brought through steam.
2013-10-26_00001.jpg

Hi guys I wanted to know is there a way round hacking those darn stores? the problem is that when I go to hack stores using a help, it shows you a number I believe in the top left corner, but I cant see it, so this is the problem I'm having, myself I'm not the greatest fan of having to hack stores anyways, so any help you guys can give me would be much appreciated. The game itself is a full copy brought through steam.
View attachment 5769
I found them all pretty easy to do key I found is just dont look what pieces you have and just look what direction you need to go in as your brain would automaticly kind of know to go up left right etc and normaly that works for me :D, but I think every store has a set hack so you could prob find a guide for every store :D

It's a set sequence, so the first store you hack will be 01, the second is 02, etc. Doesn't matter which. Otherwise you could get the hardest one first and throw your mouse through the monitor.

Personally, the ones I haven't memorized yet I usually figure out by placing the pieces as they're given to me by default. I set the down/left angles first, then the verticals, then the horizontals, and so on. It tends to work unless I'm under fire.

It's a set sequence, so the first store you hack will be 01, the second is 02, etc. Doesn't matter which. Otherwise you could get the hardest one first and throw your mouse through the monitor.

Personally, the ones I haven't memorized yet I usually figure out by placing the pieces as they're given to me by default. I set the down/left angles first, then the verticals, then the horizontals, and so on. It tends to work unless I'm under fire.
haha yes that sounds like somthing I would do :p, and it makes sence doing it that way I jus thought they could have been set per store from when iv failed and re done them, totaly forgot about them getting harder the more you do

so im guessing along as you know how many stores you have hacked (could get from hud map) then you could work out what number your on?

Yep, the number of stores unlocked should correspond with the hacking number.

You've got to be careful if you find a guide online, I had one that asserted the puzzles were tied to the stores. I don't think that guy played the game more than once.

Yep, the number of stores unlocked should correspond with the hacking number.

You've got to be careful if you find a guide online, I had one that asserted the puzzles were tied to the stores. I don't think that guy played the game more than once.
Yee most people who make online guides dont tend to know much, I like to watch them to laugh some times if theyr realy factualy incorect
Im hoping that some one on this site makes a guide it could be pretty easy it would just be screenshots of every one complete and numberd put into PDF, ill give it time and if no one has done one by time I finish my current project ill give it a bash, I only realy had trouble with like 2 stores plus I find them kind fun :')

Thanks for all you help Ellix :D

You know if you could know the number of each store that would make this job much easier, and put it on a screen shot that way with the addition help out there you could relate the store you have numbered with the walkthrough.
For me it would have been better if they had just left that part alone, the rest of the game and the new stuff that you find in the game works, if just the way you have to unlock/hack the stores that take the edge off a great game.
Thanks for your posts guys and helpful hints, its much appreciated!!

If you haven't yet, one of Keith David's side mission rewards doubles the timer on hacking which makes things less hectic.

Also it's kind of easy to miss in the tutorial pop-up but you can remove (right click) or overwrite pieces you've placed so you don't have to reset if you make an error. On the later puzzles I tended to work from both ends at once adjusting as necessary to make things meet in the middle.

If you haven't yet, one of Keith David's side mission rewards doubles the timer on hacking which makes things less hectic.

Also it's kind of easy to miss in the tutorial pop-up but you can remove (right click) or overwrite pieces you've placed so you don't have to reset if you make an error. On the later puzzles I tended to work from both ends at once adjusting as necessary to make things meet in the middle.
All hints are at the bottom of the screen with prompts next to them you dont need the tut :D, and I woudnt start at both ends your more likley to mess up on the harder ones that have extra parts :D, just dont look what parts you got and just imagine what part you need and that part 99% of time you happen to have, if you have good sence of direction its pretty easy, I just thought of it like navagating a new set of streets iv not been to before

th extra time reward is one of the best things for it as you said tho deffo

Also a thing to note is that the amount of time you get is tied to the difficulty setting of the game. The higher you have the difficulty setting, the less time you have to solve it. It varies from 1.35x to 0.8x depending on the difficulty setting. So if you don't have enough time, lower the difficulty setting for more time.

Personally, I just edited difficulty_levels.xtbl so the hacking timer multiplier was like 50x and now I have all the time in the world to solve them.

Back