Gat's Death?

If that was Gat, he'd probably be dead. Because he's right there, and the twins are right beside and thus would readily know. Yet Viola thinks he's dead.
So either it's a generic corpse and it wasleft there for.. uh... some reason... or it's Gat's body and they left it there to.. uh... lie there?

Or alternately Viola wasn't telling us she knew he was alive. If that's the case, well, I feel a lot less guilty about a certain game decision now. ;)

That's not Gat slumped against the desk in the image. That's a red haired female. Gat is much bigger than that, the arms, hair, and white belt being the most obvious differences.

This is probably interesting.

8609E988394BB535969A40DDB1A16E38B1087323

Huh. Well, nevermind then. Unless they're really just playing with us, which while possible I kinda doubt, Gat is gonna come back.

Good... I guess when they bumped him off like that in the first 15 minutes of the game, it was to set up a return and moreso give the player a deep reason for revenge (well, those of us who played prior games)
Besides, he's Johnny Gat! He's been through worse. :D

In one of the cutscenes in the genkibowl dlc you can see a news ticker. one of the things on the ticker is about rumors that Gat may be alive. Perhaps he pulled an Aisha?

Yeah, Yue posted a screenshot above my post noting it at the bottom (in case it didn't show for you or something).

I wouldn't mind that as much.. Aisha's death was done quite well, and that and their connection to Johnny was the reason I focused on the Ronin first. It showed you do not fuck with the Saints and their own. In comparison, a 'heroic death' offscreen? If that isn't a set-up for a "Oh, I just played dead until the heat was gone" or a "Well, I woke up in this lab with none of my clothes or guns, so I escaped." "How?" "I'm Johnny Gat, remember?" moment in the third DLC it'd be very very depressing. But a proper death worthy of him, or better yet NOT a death? That'd work.

Yeah, Gat's death has to be the lowlight of the game. To kill a popular character like him off, not even showing how he died? What a bunch of crap. It was something I was pissed about the whole way through the game, as I was hoping there was some sort of mission to do about finding Johnny again. Instead, the game ends leaving numerous questions which is damn well infuriating. This new DLC better fix things. I want a confrontation with Dex too, as there was a focus on Dex near the end of SR2 but nothing was said about him in SR3.

In terms of story telling, Volition did not do that good of a job with The Third. A couple of times during the game I thought I had skipped cut-scenes or missions by accident.

I liked SR3, and thought a lot of the refinements were good.. and I admit one thing, tying the story together like this DID solve one of the major problems. Remember in SR2 where you could have two of the three gangs kicked out and own 70% of the city, then you go to start the third gang and the response is "Who the fuck are you? You're nobody, you're done with, get out." and naturally your thought is "I OWN this city.. have you not looked at your zone map in the past year?!" It was a downside of having all three playable whenever.. and trying to shift the storyline or at least some of the cutscenes according to your control would've been maddening.
There was something lost though in transition, though.. SR2 is the better game I think. Makes me hope they'll learn for SR4 to pull in what's good of all three games prior. And, moreso, if they don't return Johnny Gat in some interesting twist in the final DLC for 3, a lot of fans will be annoyed at the least (me one of them).

Maybe some day when we figure how to pull apart enough of the formats we could drop SR2's assets into SR3, so we can play all that stuff from SR2 but with the tweaks and enhancements from 3. Make it all one big unified city or something.. hell, SR1 too so we can start, play through, beat one part, have it black for the few years.. then start the NEXT game, then black for a few years.. then the heist then everything moves to steelport. And at the end of such, maybe reconstruct the bridge so we can go back to Stillwater and play stuff across a massive 2 (3?) maps.

And watch the engine break down and sob trying to synchronize that much at once, I know I know :p

ive found a video on youtube,you see that sceenshot at the end of the video but i don't know if thats him or not but go have a look:
i hope johnny will come back in sr4 he is my favorite character!! :/

That figure is a dead clubber girl (the one with the hat) but no one knows why she's there.
Gat is dead and for sr4, well, we have to hope they can make it, because thq has deadly money problems and it's rumored (just rumored) that thq can die in months.
i hope not, because they made some very great game like Warhammer 40.000 dawn of war (i have it with all expansion)

Back