Animations Game crashes at the end of soda drinking anim

Hi, so I was modding a bit of the drugs file, I eventually got the right selection of menu items along with some of the booze and smokes from ultor rising which this person singled out https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/saints-row-1-drugs.16540/
But I don't think it's drugs xtbl that's crashing after drinking the freckle bitches soda/changing animation by jumping/sprinting/shooting/anything else

I was looking at changing the food/drug properties with volition table editor, but ofcourse yknow, it asked for items_3d which I then copied from Optional>modified into the Put Your Mods Here folder, then items_text which I guess I found a copy from extracting common from the steam Saints row 2 folder, with Thomasjepp extractor...
and bitsheets.xtbl but I could only find bitsheetsen from that mod's zip (which I used to load in VTE) and modified so I just renamed it without en
So I was able to use the Big Swallow/large soda yesterday but for some reason (perhaps a restart of the pc?) it has started to crash during the soda animation and pretending to drink when the soda model is not loaded
it even did heal my health while brotherhood were attacking but just crashes like several other attempts... so at the moment I am just going to delete the soda entry in drugs for now

Hope someone has some idea or can help check...

Last edited:
The crash happens when you are done drinking and throw the cup on the ground, at that moment the cup becomes a prop/projectile and has to be loaded in, did you replace the entry for the cup in preload.tbl when adding the drugs?

The preload.tbl (that I'm using in the Saints row 2 folder) has
"sodacupplastic.g_peg"
"softdrink.g_peg"
"sodacupplastic.smesh"
"softdrink.smesh"
"dth_softdrink.effect"
"dth_softdrink.g_effect"

ohh...
my drugs xtbl entry says
<Drug>
<Name>large_softdrink</Name>
<DisplayName>DRUG_SODA_NAME</DisplayName>
<Description>DRUG_SODA_DESC</Description>
<Bitmap>ui_hud_inv_f_soda</Bitmap>
<Static_Mesh>
<Filename>softdrink.smeshx</Filename>
<Preload>true</Preload>
</Static_Mesh>

I'm not sure if it's supposed to use softdrink.smeshx,
maybe the volition table editor changed it to that

Last edited:
I tried changing to .smesh, then sodacupplastic.smesh but it still crashes for both gotr patch variations, so I don't know why it doesn't like the large soda but doesn't crash for the other 3 drinks whether I turned them into drugs or not (they also have the missing model as well but the drinks don't crash)

I had the same problem with soda drinking animations when I tried to reinstate the vanilla baseball bat, had to revert to GotR wooden version to fix it. I have restored the original AR-50 XMAC and now the skater NPCs have lost their skateboards, they glide over thin air, but I consider it a win.

Unfortunately, the best you can do is to track back whatever changes you made to preload.tbl and try everything until you root out the issue, it's just that messy.

Yea but the only difference to preload is I just used the sr1drugs mod's preload which has the extra drugs added, it's still cut-bat not aluminum
but if it's as you say maybe it's preload that has some fixed cap to items loaded and some too far down the list probably gets not read or found

Yes before when I used the normal preload and no drug mod added, everything was there loaded

Last edited:
Yeah, I think the problem is adding stuff to preload. I remember something IdolNinja said years ago, something like "GotR is already packed" so I guess the problem isn't replacing things (like I did with the rifle) but adding them. As to why the Vanilla Baseball Bat didn't work I have no clue.
Restore GotR original preload.tbl, get rid of SR1 drugs and see if it fixes the animation bug, that's the best I can offer.

I am currently having the same issue. Soon as that cup hits the floor.... CTD. Burgers and other food is fine. Such a shame, just wanna be able to hit a bong and wash it down with a cool beverage

Back