FPS Drop every 5 seconds?

Like clockwork, every 5 seconds, regardless of settings, the FPS drops to the single digits from 50+. It's not a huge issue since I have another computer that can run it fine, i'm just concerned that my laptop can no longer run it like it did before (at launch the game ran at a steady 40-50 fps with no drops). I run it at 1366x768 with all settings on max besides anti-aliasing, which is at 2x.

I'm not sure if you need a dxdiag report (I didn't see it in the sticky nor the forum rules)... but here are the general specs:
Windows 7 64-bit
8 gb DDR3 RAM
Core i7-2630qm @ 2ghz
GTX 570m 1.5gb

I'm just wondering if anyone using a laptop is having similar problems and whether or not they found a fix. For the record, this happens in all games except for Assassins Creed and LEGO games for some reason...

If it has just started happening recently then your laptop could be overheating and throttling (slowing down) to help bring the temperatures down. Dust and pets are laptop killers.

Try giving the fan vents a few quick blasts with a can of compressed air. Don't continuously blast air through the vents though. It causes the fans to spin and can damage the bearings (making the problem worse). Oh and don't use a vacuum cleaner either, it can generate static electricity which is very bad for computers.

If it has just started happening recently then your laptop could be overheating and throttling (slowing down) to help bring the temperatures down. Dust and pets are laptop killers.

Try giving the fan vents a few quick blasts with a can of compressed air. Don't continuously blast air through the vents though. It causes the fans to spin and can damage the bearings (making the problem worse). Oh and don't use a vacuum cleaner either, it can generate static electricity which is very bad for computers.
You may have a point there. I had this problem with a laptop in the past. I'll try it :p

Back