FOR DEVELOPERS: In progress mod tools

M

Minimaul

I've pushed some working extraction code to:
Both the standard command line extractor and the recursive extractor have been updated to work with the library changes.

The recursive extractor tool will use up a large amount of disk space for extraction (approx 60GB).

You'll also need to be on Windows 10 with extended file paths enabled as AOM's internal folder structure is heavily nested.

A handful of files fail to extract for unknown reasons - mostly Bink videos.

These tools are not yet suitable for actual modding so I'm not going to upload binaries for now.

Patches & PRs welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know how they are doing scripting yet? I know you said before everything is binary, which will make things extremely difficult even if you can unpack everything.

Unfortunately, I can't try your unpacker because I don't have windows 10. :(
Win10? Hello darkness my old friend
The main extractor works OK on older operating systems, and the recursive extractor will run, it'll just fail to extract quite a few files because the paths are too long. (Even if you extract to the root of a drive!)

The main extractor works OK on older operating systems, and the recursive extractor will run, it'll just fail to extract quite a few files because the paths are too long. (Even if you extract to the root of a drive!)
I'm wondering if it would work with a path in the form "\\?\C:\very long path". This format has been supported by Windows since Vista, but is only supported by the Unicode functions in the Win32 API. I'm not sure which functions your tool or .NET uses. The other issue is, even if it could extract, not all programs could access it.

Can this be used with the SR3 Texture utilities?
(I'm sorry if this is a dumb question)

I've pushed some working extraction code to:
Both the standard command line extractor and the recursive extractor have been updated to work with the library changes.

The recursive extractor tool will use up a large amount of disk space for extraction (approx 60GB).

You'll also need to be on Windows 10 with extended file paths enabled as AOM's internal folder structure is heavily nested.

A handful of files fail to extract for unknown reasons - mostly Bink videos.

These tools are not yet suitable for actual modding so I'm not going to upload binaries for now.

Patches & PRs welcome.
Could you build that branch and upload the binaries, please? I'm having problems doing it...

Last edited:
Back