Flow754's Peg Assembler

For some reason the game doesn't use the same bitmaps for HUD weapon icons and icons shown in stores. I'm unsure why this is, because the contents of both bitmaps seem to be identical in all cases, but for each weapon you have to include two icon textures: one called "weapon_icon_name.tga" and a duplicate called "weapon_icon_name_c.tga". The one with the "_c" suffix will be shown in stores.
OK.Thank you for this information.So for rotating weapon icons lets say 25 textures i have to store 50?

Yes, unfortunately.
Ok.I made the files with _c suffix and put them into the always_loaded file.Now it shows the right icon
but it doesn´t rotate.Do i have to store the new files in any specific order or another cpeg file?
Also i don´t understand that some weapon icons are showing up with rotation without _c suffix files?

Do i have to store the new files in any specific order or another cpeg file?
Yes, the order should be like this from top to bottom:
  • weapon_icon_name.tga
  • frame1.tga
  • frame2.tga
  • frame24.tga
  • weapon_icon_name_c.tga
  • frame1.tga
  • frame2.tga
  • frame24.tga
The reason why your icon isn't animated in the store is that my tool only sets the number of frames belonging to the animation on the first texture entry in the cpeg file and thus only allows for one animated file sequence per cpeg. This is an old limitation that I still haven't gotten around to fix yet. You can manually set that number on the 26th entry in your file using a hex editor. This post shows how to manually do it with the first entry. To do it with the 26th, I'd simply search the file for the 8 bytes leading up to the 45th byte and change the subsequent byte after the 26th occurence.
Also i don´t understand that some weapon icons are showing up with rotation without _c suffix files?
I assume that has something to do with whether the models are preloaded or streamed. From my experience the first costume (along with data such as the icon) of every weapon is preloaded, whereas all others are streamed sometime after.

Thank you for that information.I will try to do so but i have to read some hex editing tutorials before i change something because i'm unfortunately no programmer and my understanding of what you wrote scratches nearly the surface of this stuff. :)

Back