Flow754's Peg Assembler

Yes, I've noticed this happens with certain textures, especially UI images. Easiest way to fix that is to use Yepoleb's SR Textool to set the BM_F_LINEAR_COLOR_SPACE flag to true on images that come out too dark. EDIT: It's a good practise to do this with normal maps as well.
Hi,
I have this dark ui icons.Could you please tell me how to set the BM_F* flag with srtextool?
I have no idea about the syntax.Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I have this dark ui icons.Could you please tell me how to set the BM_F* flag with srtextool?
I have no idea about the syntax.Thanks in advance.
Try this command:
Code:
srtextool m your_peg_file.cpeg_pc your_texture.tga -f 0x201
It should set both the BM_F_LINEAR_COLOR_SPACE flag and the BM_F_ALPHA flag, which is the combination I'd recommend for UI icons. Note that, even though you probably packed your texture as "your_texture.tga.dds", you need to leave out the ".dds" extension in the texture name field of the command.

Last edited:
Try this command:
Code:
srtextool m your_peg_file.cpeg_pc your_texture.tga -f 0x201
It should set both the BM_F_LINEAR_COLOR_SPACE flag and the BM_F_ALPHA flag, which is the combination I'd recommend for UI icons. Note that, even though you probably packed your texture as "your_texture.tga.dds", you need to leave out the ".dds" extension in the texture name.
Thank you.I will leave out the .dds extension then.What is the 0x201 hex for?
Works pretty cool.Thank's for help and the pegAssembler + WeaponClone tool. :)

Last edited:
Thank you.I will leave out the .dds extension then.What is the 0x201 hex for?
ox201 is the hex code for the binary number 1000000001, which you get by adding up the BM_F_LINEAR_COLOR_SPACE flag (1<<9, which equals 1000000000) and the BM_F_ALPHA flag (1<<0, otherwise written as 1).

ox201 is the hex code for the binary number 1000000001, which you get by adding up the BM_F_LINEAR_COLOR_SPACE flag (1<<9, which equals 1000000000) and the BM_F_ALPHA flag (1<<0, otherwise written as 1).
Ah,now it makes sense what i read in the peg file header,thank's.

Hi Flow,
I have a problem with animated icons.In the main weapon menu the icons are showing up fine but in the second menue of the weapon itself
it shows only a white square.Only the RPG and the Gang SMG are displayed normal in the secondary menu.Can you help me out with that issue?
saintsrowiv-2018-09-12-07-24-34-png.20229

Thanks in advance.

Hi Flow,
I have a problem with animated icons.In the main weapon menu the icons are showing up fine but in the second menue of the weapon itself
it shows only a white square.Only the RPG and the Gang SMG are displayed normal in the secondary menu.Can you help me out with that issue?
saintsrowiv-2018-09-12-07-24-34-png.20229

Thanks in advance.
For some reason the game doesn't use the same bitmaps for HUD weapon icons and icons shown in stores. I'm unsure why this is, because the contents of both bitmaps seem to be identical in all cases, but for each weapon you have to include two icon textures: one called "weapon_icon_name.tga" and a duplicate called "weapon_icon_name_c.tga". The one with the "_c" suffix will be shown in stores.

Back