Features - Saints Row 2 VS Saints Row 2022

Although i am kinda enjoy it Saints Row 2022 with all it's flaws and technicals isses, i been watching several videos on YouTube and there seems to be a massive list of cut down features and things you could do in SR2.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Yeaaah... Probably the pandemic and the buyout of Koch Media affected Volition quite a lot, maybe they were forced to released the game for lack of funds? It really feels very unfinished and i am starting to doubt if even a whole more year of delay would even cut it.

But even after all that i still think the Reboot needs to be given a chance. It's not THAT bad... and just to be clear, all the features of SR2 were not even present in SR3 and SR3. I'm 15 hours in, the game asked me to put more businesses or something in order to do the "Party", so was doing a lot of side missions and activities and i got to admit i am having fun. I mean the story still lame and the characters are just horrible, if you can turn a blind eye to all that there is some fun to be had with this game. But i do have to admit it's the weakest in the Series. Not counting AoM because i actually never played it, i own it on Steam and Xbox just to support volition.

Last edited:
I don't like videos like the ones you posted. It's not a comparision it's "let's show why game A is better than the new game B" type of thing, because we all know game B is worse in every aspect. Bet someone would also do the same showing why game B is better than A but that's dumb and pointless. The reboot isn't perfect, it has technical problems but there is still hope. Everyhing can be fixed and improved, new features can be added, the game can even have official modding support, etc.

I don't like videos like the ones you posted. It's not a comparision it's "let's show why game A is better than the new game B" type of thing, because we all know game B is worse in every aspect. Bet someone would also do the same showing why game B is better than A but that's dumb and pointless. The reboot isn't perfect, it has technical problems but there is still hope. Everyhing can be fixed and improved, new features can be added, the game can even have official modding support, etc.
Have Volition give any statement regarding mod support for 2022? I am unware if they have but modding always breath more life to any game that supports them.

Have Volition give any statement regarding mod support for 2022? I am unware if they have but modding always breath more life to any game that supports them.
Yea, they said they're thinking about it but for now they're focused on fixing the game

Да, они сказали, что думают об этом, но пока они сосредоточены на исправлении игры.
оexpect the appearance of official tools, documentation or SDK, maybe in the new part modding will be better and we can even get some map editor, animation tool

Tons of these comparison videos are regularly appearing on my youtube feed for some reason. But It seems to be a regular thing on YouTube to have click baity thumbnails. But ignoring that, i think the comparisons are fair.

I’m quite enjoying the game and the main reason why I bought it on PC was because I knew the full game wasn’t gonna have stuff that might have been in previous games. However, with videos or takes like this , its an overly exaggerated version of saying why the game is trash and why previous games were better. They make these types of videos for every game. The reason why I feel this game will make a resurgence in due time is because this really the first Saints Game where they can go back and add stuff to flush out the game. Other games you’re really just stuck with what they put into the game. I will say that you can obviously tell Volition took step backs when it came down to certain parts of the gameplay. In other aspects, they added more to it. The game needs to be flushed and bring more life into. How many times do you see a Gaming Company reboot a game when they were on the verge of bankruptcy. This game was the result of that bankruptcy. I won’t knock where credit and criticism is due but a lot of people have their various opinions. Some of which that blurs the line between real critics and trolls just trying to clown the game and the developers.

I'm also kinda enjoying it. I think it needs a chance even with all the technical issues, but i do feel this is on the same level of Cyberpunk 2077 or Fallout 76 technical issues, it certainly is nearly broken.

It's certainly not a 20 - 30 score like most of the user reviews, that's really just blind rage. But it's also not even a Gat Out of Hell either. I would give it... a 61 score. Maybe if it didn't had all those issues it might have been scored slightly over 70. I lost 15 - 20 minutes of progress three times already, because the game would stop rendering and will slowly make my PC unresponsive to the point i have to just unplug it, because not even holding down Power would work would to force it to restart. Some of the bugs are hilarious though.

But the game is the weakest in the franchise, overall. Starting from Characters, Story, Graphics and features. The only two things were the game shine and like really feels superior to any previous title is the Car and Weapon Customization. It is Hands down by far the most detailed in that regard. Everything else is, well... Avg at best.

But overall is not a shitty or not worth playing like some people claim, there is fun in this title if you can look past all the previous issues. But also ignoring such issues or lack of features from previous games is just silly. It's like "Oh which issues? i'm having the most fun, and i've had none of the issues everyone keeps crying about. i also don't care any of those old features". like... lol?

Last edited:
I lost 15 - 20 minutes of progress three times already, because the game would stop rendering and will slowly make my PC unresponsive to the point i have to just unplug it, because not even holding down Power would work would to force it to restart.
Holy shit, that sounds really bad. Have you tried setting Task Manager to "Always on top"?

Back