Favorite Things in the SR Series?

Now I've already made a thread regarding annoying things in the SR franchise but know I want to know what are your favorite things in the series. This could be anything in series. Gangs, weapons, vehicles, characters, landmarks, enemy types, missions etc. In my opinion the best things in the SR series are

Character Customization: Even though the recent titles don't have as many options the customization is still pretty in depth. Want to recreate a famous celebrity or politician? Check. Want to create your own original character? Check. Want to recreate a character from another game\TV show\movie\anime? Check. Want to make an expy of yourself? Check. An eldritch abomination that comes from the depths of Hell? Check.

Enemy Variety: In my opinion out of all the games SR3 reigns supreme when it comes to the different enemy types you'll be facing throughout the game. (Snipers, riot police, brutes, machine-gunners, flamers, commandos, grenadiers, teleporters, tanks and even zombies). While combat in SR2 can get a little boring since it's the same grunt unit with a different model. While SR4 was just outright frustrating with those atrocious Wardens and Marauders.

Super Powers: While SR Purists are going to hate my guts I gotta say the powers in SR4 were done surprisingly well. Especially since this was Volition's first go at super powers and that SR4 not only shifted to a different publisher but was built from the remains of SR3 and the ETD mission pack. Although with it did make most of the ground vehicles borderline useless.

Last edited:
The variety of vehicles. VTOLs, tanks, UFOs, hoverbikes and the like.
The fact I can customise a motherfucking tank (through a glitch, but still :D) and the Bear APC. This way I can have a fleet of purple vehicles, even planes. Something that GTA lacks.

Although I prefer SR without superpowers, but it's true that SRIV superpower doesn't look cheap at all.

I just totally agree with what you said up there. Call me a barbie doll player, but I really enjoy customisation since a long time ago. And SR got the best medal in my own record so far. :D

Oh can I add one more? It's the vehicle mods. The vehicles are ugly mostly, but dayum... custom heaven right there..

So far? The writing, the silliness and stupidity make me laugh. I also really like character customization and the vehicles. I love being able to make a bad-ass chick become the kingpin of a notorious gang.

Still, it got very downgraded in SR:TT and SR IV.

I was really sad when I saw SRTT not have a coat option for upper body, I wanted to give my character a nice trench-coat over a suit.

Oh, I almost forgot.
I love the fact the developers reward us for nearly everything in their games.
SR2:
- You vehicle-surfed for long enough? Fine, have this brand-new traffic cone hat!
- You finished all two plane races? Awesome, have a gorgeous Saints Wolverine combat plane straight to your hangar!
- You did all 80 unique stunt jumps? Cool, let us give you the Dukes-of-Hazzard-look-alike Bootlegger!
- You did some dangerous driving now and then? If so, get this beautiful and unique Smokey-and-the-Bandit Phoenix!
- You killed 9 gang members in a row? Lemme show you a new-generation assault rifle with an underslung any-kind-of-grenade-powered grenade launcher!
SR3:
- You fucked some shit up in a giant yarn ball? Noice, keep the Yarnie for your use!
Just no words, I love their generosity. :)

Meanwhile, in GTA IV:
- You killed 200 pigeons? Meh, here's a rarely spawning Annihilator helicopter. Because fuck you, that's why.
- You jumped 50 times in a car? Mhm, here's a shitty achievement.
- You won all the Brucie's races? Uhuh.
- You helped Roman drive some of his passengers early on? Thank you, cousin.

Back