Extracting all the Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell packfiles

M

Minimaul

Please be aware - extracting all of the Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell packfiles will use up a significant amount of disk space.

To extract every packfile using the Saints Row IV tools, you will need:
  1. My Saints Row IV tools: http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/minimauls-saints-row-iv-tools.3188/
  2. A folder containing the packfiles to extract. In Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell, these files are in the "steamapps\Saints Row Gat out of Hell\packfiles\pc\cache" folder under your Steam directory. A typical full path to these files is "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row Gat out of Hell\packfiles\pc\cache"
To extract every packfile, do the following:
  1. Download the latest attached file from the Saints Row IV tools thread, and extract it using your favourite extractor. I recommend 7-zip.

You should now have a list of files like the following:
    sriv-tools.png

2. Open a command prompt and browse to your extracted programs:
    cmd-window.png

3. Type ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.RecursiveExtractor.exe "<your packfile path>" "<your output folder>" for example, mine is: ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.RecursiveExtractor.exe "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row Gat out of Hell\packfiles\pc\cache" "D:\SR\Saints Row Gat Out Of Hell\extracted". Then press enter.

4. The packfiles should now extract - you will see lots of text scroll by that looks like the following:
    extracting.png

Wait patiently - this process can take a long time to finish.

The first set of numbers - for example: [484/21984] is the number of packfiles that have been extracted so far - 484 out of a total of 21984. The second set of numbers - for example: [10/12] is the file's position inside that specific packfile.

5. When the process finally finishes, you will see:
    extracted.png

All of your extracted files should now be available in the output folder you specified earlier!

For reference, mine looks a bit like:
    extracted-files.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back