Extracting all the Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell packfiles

Discussion in 'Guides and Tutorials' started by Minimaul, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Minimaul

Minimaul Site owner Staff Member

Please be aware - extracting all of the Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell packfiles will use up a significant amount of disk space.

To extract every packfile using the Saints Row IV tools, you will need:
    1. My Saints Row IV tools: http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/minimauls-saints-row-iv-tools.3188/
    2. A folder containing the packfiles to extract. In Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell, these files are in the "steamapps\Saints Row Gat out of Hell\packfiles\pc\cache" folder under your Steam directory. A typical full path to these files is "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row Gat out of Hell\packfiles\pc\cache"
    To extract every packfile, do the following:
    1. Download the latest attached file from the Saints Row IV tools thread, and extract it using your favourite extractor. I recommend 7-zip.

You should now have a list of files like the following:
      sriv-tools.png

2. Open a command prompt and browse to your extracted programs:
      cmd-window.png

3. Type ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.RecursiveExtractor.exe "<your packfile path>" "<your output folder>" for example, mine is: ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.RecursiveExtractor.exe "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row Gat out of Hell\packfiles\pc\cache" "D:\SR\Saints Row Gat Out Of Hell\extracted". Then press enter.

4. The packfiles should now extract - you will see lots of text scroll by that looks like the following:
      extracting.png
      Wait patiently - this process can take a long time to finish.

The first set of numbers - for example: [484/21984] is the number of packfiles that have been extracted so far - 484 out of a total of 21984. The second set of numbers - for example: [10/12] is the file's position inside that specific packfile.

5. When the process finally finishes, you will see:
      extracted.png

All of your extracted files should now be available in the output folder you specified earlier!

For reference, mine looks a bit like:
      extracted-files.png

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  2. do you know where the wings textures are located?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice