Enable loading of modded game files from separate folders

Currently, when installing modified game files, they can be placed in the same directory as SaintsRowIV.exe. But if you have a lot of them installed, it can quickly become disorganized, and it can be hard to keep track of which files go with which mods in case you want to uninstall one.

What I'm suggesting is to load files from, in addition to the folder with SaintsRowIV.exe, a folder called "mods" and any subfolders it contains. That way you could create a separate subfolder for each mod, and if you want to uninstall one, it's only a matter of deleting that folder or moving it somewhere else.

In case the same file is modified in two or more mods, there are a couple ways this could be handled. One way to do this (and probably the easiest) would be to just load the first one it finds. However, if it wouldn't be too hard, compatibility between mods could be greatly improved by automatically merging table files as they're loaded. Most (if not all) built-in table files have a Name property for each entry which (I assume) must be unique. When it loads a table file of which another version has already been loaded, it would automatically append any with names it hasn't seen before. If it comes across one with a name it's already seen, it could replace the one that's already in memory with the new one. This way modifications to existing items would still be loaded correctly.

I hope this makes sense, and thanks for all your support!

Back