Dumb Question about Importing from SR3

They created a new article of clothing with the same name.
I successfully imported the old one from SR3, but in the store it is called by its not-so-readable name, "cf_nlmh_ubdy_f_shorttanktop".

Yeah, I thought that after a bit.
Still, unless there's some difference with the mesh types, or perhaps some other variable we aren't seeing, I don't know why one works and another doesn't...

The question has now become, "Do we want to try and figure out why one works and the other doesn't?"

I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet.

Of course, that might be stubbornness and stupidity talking. I'm a lot like Jethro Clampett IRL, without the charm.

Managed to get on here with my phone... Lastpass is great when you have your pc...

Sorry. Got a new video card and my mobo died. Have been without my pc. Just got my new mobo.

Everything was testing fine, the cpu, the ram, all my old video cards... Put the new video card in, mobo died.

Gotta rma them both. 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。

Anyway, on topic. The next step would be to get a list of every item from SR3 that isn't in SR4 and try converting them and comparing which ones work and which ones don't to try and find similarities and narrow down the reason.

Not that I can do a whole lot without my pc...

That's not a bad idea. There are a few other items I'd like to see ported over. I'll do a few tonight and post the results tomorrow.

Games are messing with my head in a big way. I tried to port over the "heyday super shift (shoes)" and the "future soldier gloves" and they don't even appear in the stores.
Those were the first two SR3-not-SR4 clothing items I thought of and I cannot seem to get them over at all.

I've had no luck with this. I think my next step is to try and modify the goth lyfe suit to ignore everything except the pants.

Back