Doc Ketchum's Horse?

I got this Collectible missing from my list... it just says boot hill reward. Am i supposrd to go back to that island and search for it or i was supposed to get it while in the mission only?

Unobtainable, until if/when they patch it in. Then you'll likely have to find a co-op partner to redo the mission, since it's supposed to be given at the end as a reward, and doesn't exist on the map.

I assume this also applies to the Collective Members Killed list. Because I've killed all 6 of them, but it still tells me I've only killed 5 of them. But without Mission/Threat/Wanted replay, I am unable to complete this Challenge unless I start a new game.

I've never known a game with such inconveniences as this before.

I assume this also applies to the Collective Members Killed list.
The Old Town West threat that features a Collective member is the culprit, more than likely. Possibly the encounters in the missions 'Be Your Own Boss' or 'Idol Threat,' but it's usually the Old Town West threat.

With the threat, you have two events stacked on top of one another - the threat, which has one completion target, and the Collective member, who is another.

If you kill the Collective member before you reach the threat kill count target, the Challenge will update and one of two things will happen. Either a) notoriety will drop to zero, and all opponents from the threat will disappear. Or, b) the threat encounter will continue as if nothing happened. If the former, then simply leaving the area and returning will allow you to complete the encounter.

However, if you reach the threat kill count target before killing the Collective member dies, notoriety will reset *and* the Collective member will disappear. And since the Collective member only spawns when the threat is active on the map, he'll never come back, for you to fight.

Idol Hands and Be Your Own Boss have similar outcomes, but with a different trigger. In both fights, the Collective member's scripting actually allows them to flee the fight, on occasion. This can happen if they hit you with the AoE disorientate attack, and although the mission will go on as normal if they do escape, you won't get progression for the challenge. Since you're effectively blind after being hit by the AoE, there's little you can do to stop them from leaving, other than to spam damage in their vague direction.

To avoid this happening, simply engage the Collective member from range, as their AoE ability is scripted on a proximity trigger. The Satchel Charge is the most effective option here, since you're low level during these encounters, and the Satchel's damage is disproportionate to its rank.

Now, in your current situation, it is possible to complete the Challenge by popping into co-op, and redoing these encounters, (start with Old Town West, as it's almost always this one that the client player is missing.)

However, since going into co-op can stop all of your challenges from progressing on the save file that you make when you leave co-op, (along with numerous other issues, such as causing map icons to disappear/reappear, removing drug pallets from the map, etc,) it's not advised that you keep the progress you make.

Simply go into co-op to get Chaos Tamer finished, and then hope/pray that Volition are capable of disentangling their spaghetti code and fixing this ridiculous mess.

Last edited:
The Old Town West threat that features a Collective member is the culprit, more than likely. Possibly the encounters in the missions 'Be Your Own Boss' or 'Idol Threat,' but it's usually the Old Town West threat.

With the threat, you have two events stacked on top of one another - the threat, which has one completion target, and the Collective member, who is another.

If you kill the Collective member before you reach the threat kill count target, the Challenge will update and one of two things will happen. Either a) notoriety will drop to zero, and all opponents from the threat will disappear. Or, b) the threat encounter will continue as if nothing happened. If the former, then simply leaving the area and returning will allow you to complete the encounter.

However, if you reach the threat kill count target before killing the Collective member dies, notoriety will reset *and* the Collective member will disappear. And since the Collective member only spawns when the threat is active on the map, he'll never come back, for you to fight.

Idol Hands and Be Your Own Boss have similar outcomes, but with a different trigger. In both fights, the Collective member's scripting actually allows them to flee the fight, on occasion. This can happen if they hit you with the AoE disorientate attack, and although the mission will go on as normal if they do escape, you won't get progression for the challenge. Since you're effectively blind after being hit by the AoE, there's little you can do to stop them from leaving, other than to spam damage in their vague direction.

To avoid this happening, simply engage the Collective member from range, as their AoE ability is scripted on a proximity trigger. The Satchel Charge is the most effective option here, since you're low level during these encounters, and the Satchel's damage is disproportionate to its rank.

Now, in your current situation, it is possible to complete the Challenge by popping into co-op, and redoing these encounters, (start with Old Town West, as it's almost always this one that the client player is missing.)

However, since going into co-op can stop all of your challenges from progressing on the save file that you make when you leave co-op, (along with numerous other issues, such as causing map icons to disappear/reappear, removing drug pallets from the map, etc,) it's not advised that you keep the progress you make.

Simply go into co-op to get Chaos Tamer finished, and then hope/pray that Volition are capable of disentangling their spaghetti code and fixing this ridiculous mess.
So... What were they actually doing with the 6 extra months they delayed the game for?... Because this and Doc's Horse along with everything else that's been brought up since the release, makes it seem like they were just focusing on making the game look good, but not making it play good.

So... What were they actually doing with the 6 extra months they delayed the game for?
I imagine the game was genuinely less ready for Gold cert then, than it is now. I can't name a release that's seen a similar style delay that didn't then see a productive - but grueling - crunch period.

The more relevant question, I suspect, is that of what they were doing for the x many years they had, before they went into full production. I feel another Andromeda story, coming on.

That, or covid hit Volition a lot harder than the for-investors PR let on.

I imagine the game was genuinely less ready for Gold cert then, than it is now. I can't name a release that's seen a similar style delay that didn't then see a productive - but grueling - crunch period.

The more relevant question, I suspect, is that of what they were doing for the x many years they had, before they went into full production. I feel another Andromeda story, coming on.

That, or covid hit Volition a lot harder than the for-investors PR let on.
Makes sense.

Hopefully these glitchs/bugs are being noted and taken care of.

Then the re-release for Steam will blow Epic's release out of the water.

It just goes to show that hogging an initial release from other engines may not always be the smartest move.

If Volition re-advertise for the Steam release showing off all the fixes and (hopefully) new/revived features then it may turn things around and people may fall back in love with the franchise. Couple it up with an SR2 Remaster, and you've got yourself a winner.

Slow & steady wins the race.

Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Then the re-release for Steam will blow Epic's release out of the water.
That's what everyone said about SRTT:R, but Plaion still threw it onto Steam with exactly the same bugs that Spera had introduced in the first few patches.

I can personally vouch for the fact that Spera had fully detailed bug reports on the dropping sound and inconsistent framerate caps, from two days after the patch that broke the game.

Nothing was done with that information, despite there being over nine months from the patch going out, and the game hitting Steam.

I get that 2022 in a mainline, not a re-release, but we're three weeks out, and Volition are still blaming Microsoft cert for hotfix #1 not having hit the xbox yet.

I do not see this ending well.

That's what everyone said about SRTT:R, but Plaion still threw it onto Steam with exactly the same bugs that Spera had introduced in the first few patches.

I can personally vouch for the fact that Spera had fully detailed bug reports on the dropping sound and inconsistent framerate caps, from two days after the patch that broke the game.

Nothing was done with that information, despite there being over nine months from the patch going out, and the game hitting Steam.

I get that 2022 in a mainline, not a re-release, but we're three weeks out, and Volition are still blaming Microsoft cert for hotfix #1 not having hit the xbox yet.

I do not see this ending well.
Killbane: The Saints legacy ends here, not with a bang, but with a whimper.

So was Killbane just foreshadowing this whole time?

Side note... Killbane really was the best antagonist in the original series... He didn't just want the Saints to fail, he wanted them to know why they failed. Even after the Boss killed him, the Saints still lost so much in the process. Gat, Shaundi, influence, respect... And he even had the Boss reflecting on every choice they made up to this point, and whether it was all actually worth it in the end.

Last edited:
Back