Devil's Rain (Weather Mod)

Devil's Rain is a dynamic weather mod for Saints Row Gat out of Hell, and will generate random rain. It also reduces the lighting and fog over the original game, making it more darker.

(picture taken using Devil's Night sky settings)
256a5nb.jpg

It's The End Times, are you ready for the Apocalypse?
2501awj.jpg

(pictures taken using Apocalypse sky settings)
2h6ziut.jpg

Installation: Unpack the attached archive and copy the contents from the Devil's Rain folder to "\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row Gat out of Hell" (where SaintsRowGatOutOfHell.exe is located).

Extras: The contents of this folder are for customizing Devil's Rain (and aren't required for the mod to function.) To install these files copy them to "\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row Gat out of Hell" (where SaintsRowGatOutOfHell.exe is located) replacing any files.

Rain Settings:
Heavy Rain: Significantly increases the amount of rain.
Hell Fire Rain: turns rain into fire rain.
Heavy Hell Fire Rain: Significantly increases the amount of fire rain.

Sky Settings:
Devil's Night: Makes the sky and clouds more darker.
Apocalypse: Changes sky/cloud/lightning/fog and ambient lighting colors.
Apocalypse 2: Makes the sky and clouds more darker.

To change the lighting and fog settings to the same as the original game, simply delete the default_district.XTBL file (this file isn't required for the mod to function).

Changelog
(26.01.2015) V1.0 - Initial release.
(04.02.2015) V1.1 - Fixed fog settings. Light rain now has smaller splash sizes when hitting surfaces. Added to Extras: Apocalypse (Changes sky/cloud/lightning/fog and ambient lighting colors). Added to Extras: Apocalypse 2 (makes the sky and clouds more darker). Added to Extras: Hell Fire Rain (turns rain into fire rain) and Heavy Hell Fire Rain (significantly increases the amount of fire rain).

Attachments

• Devil's Rain V1.1.rar
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,696
Last edited:
I'm not trying to be negative or something like that but why would it rain in hell? And SweetFX can make the game darker without changing any files

I'm not trying to be negative or something like that but why would it rain in hell? And SweetFX can make the game darker without changing any files
Yeah that's something I thought about too, but to be honest do they drive cars around in hell? Probably not, but I guess the only way to find out would be to visit hell. ;)

And I think this will be more convenient for people, rather then messing about with SweetFX settings.

Last edited:
Well, I don't really know why it thunders and lightnings either in Hell, but eh, looks and sounds cool lol and so does this! I'm going to check it out soon.

Some people don't like rain. Some people hate it. So it'd make sense in that context.

Devil's Rain V1.1 has been released, here's a list of the changes that V1.1 brings.

Changelog
(04.02.2015) V1.1 - Fixed fog settings. Light rain now has smaller splash sizes when hitting surfaces. Added to Extras: Apocalypse (Changes sky/cloud/lightning/fog and ambient lighting colors). Added to Extras: Apocalypse 2 (makes the sky and clouds more darker). Added to Extras: Hell Fire Rain (turns rain into fire rain) and Heavy Hell Fire Rain (significantly increases the amount of fire rain).

Last edited:
Back