1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decoding the Saints Row 3 mesh format.

Discussion in 'Guides and Tutorials' started by scanti, Jun 16, 2012.

1. hello,

thanks for your work! is there any plans for skeleton and weights?

2. I already have rig import and partial weights, but unfortunately I run into crashes when skinning the character to the rig. I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what. I haven't given it much time yet, so I will be looking at that when the scripts are a bit more optimized

3. ah, okay, glad to hear that — hope you could take a time to look into it to resolve all the issues. SR3-4 has some unique model design which I'd like to play with and make some mods. Waited it for ages.

4. Does Maxscript do rig ? what I want to say is, does the model have scaffolding?

and can we download this MaxScript file?

5. I will upload the scripts when I made them a bit more robust. Some parts are now quickly made with the sole purpose of quick testing, so you wouldn't be able to use it yet. I hope to make a little headway soon, so stay tuned. (Holiday got me out of the project for a while)

6. I will be waiting. good luck

7. How do you mod world objects (ex. mod a crib)? I know where the files are but I can't open them. I use Mesh Viewer to open ccmesh. It has an option to open clmesh but it doesn't work. Also I don't have much experience with modding so I've read as much as I can about modding Saints Row. So far I haven't seen anything about modding buildings or clutter.