Vehicles Decal customization (Lin's Reaper)

ive looked into car decals btw, and it does seem it just needs to be saved in paint.net as a DTX5. making sure the file type is correct and its tga.dss (ive never seen this myself so its pretty cool to look into as a reverse engineer xD heh)

the way ive noticed the textures is there are some that use no color and use only grey (to be used as variants with color in game)
or
they use full color images with no variant in game

also there isnt a full image of the car layout as a texture so everything ur editing is mostly fixed in place. (tho im not 100% sure yet, cuz ive not rly tried tweaking anything else, only textures (ive ignored code for now)

just re read the car u was doin, so ill try look into that myself :D see if there is anything with that can i can tweak

Ok, i already unpack the files for you, i had to unpack it again cause i didnt knew where i stored the clean file and the modified one (corrupted), anyways, the following rar would have both files and a video showing the effects of the corrupted version.

here is the page when the modder found the method

Let me know if it works.

Attachments

• DecalsReaper.rar
    19.6 MB · Views: 116
hmm, well it seems ur only editing the band around the car? the all blue? and what about it is corrupted? seems fine to me :p

have you made sure to check all of the sp_hearse01_## files to make sure u have check each image? cuz it seems to be only the metal band around thats being done here :D the number plate and other things tend to be all separated

hmm, well it seems ur only editing the band around the car? the all blue? and what about it is corrupted? seems fine to me :p
Like you said before it probably only allow greyscale, thats an old version of mine, i remember my last try was to just erase a chunk of the decal itself to see any changes in game, but it seems to have the same outcome.

There is supposedly an ASM file that needs to be updated as well, but i don't remember which one right now.
have you made sure to check all of the sp_hearse01_## files to make sure u have check each image? cuz it seems to be only the metal band around thats being done here :D the number plate and other things tend to be all separated

i think i did, but maybe it was a another decal option. i can extract them as well, i would need to install the paint. net again to see those ones

Back