CVTF and xtbl files interaction

I hope this is the right section—my question is: will loose xtbl file supersede a vehicle's CVTF file?

After some fiddling, I've been able to unlock all rims styles for the Raycaster but I had to use vanilla xtbl's from common.vpp_pc for the cruncher to work.
I play with a modified car_2dr_sports03_veh.xtbl and I was wondering if its altered settings will replace the original ones in the CVTF. I'm asking since both files have to be placed in 1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE and I'm unsure as to how their priorities work.

_veh files have nothing at all to do with a crunched cvtf. They are completely separate and mostly contain name, handling, and camera values.

There are two files that are needed to crunch a cvtf:
[vehicle name].xtbl
[vehicle name]_cust.xtbl

The game will not actually load or touch those two table files at all. They are ignored. Their only purpose is as a current snapshot of the values before crunching the cvtf. All loaded data from them is stored in the crunched cvtf file.

_veh files have nothing at all to do with a crunched cvtf. They are completely separate and mostly contain name, handling, and camera values.

There are two files that are needed to crunch a cvtf:
[vehicle name].xtbl
[vehicle name]_cust.xtbl

The game will not actually load or touch those two table files at all. They are ignored. Their only purpose is as a current snapshot of the values before crunching the cvtf. All loaded data from them is stored in the crunched cvtf file.
Thank you for the reply, Idolninja. I just thought that 2 separate files referencing the same thing would somehow conflict or cancel each other out.

Back