SOLVED crashing during appointed defender cutscene

Hello there, I recently got ahold of a steam copy of Saints Row 2. I've pretty much(?) installed everything required to make the game run properly (GOTR).

The game launches and runs fine for me (during the very first mission and freeroam etc) however when I try to do the Appointed Defender mission, it crashes during the courtroom cutscene, when the main character comes into the courtroom or something like that.

So far I've tried messing with the resolution, compability mode and running the game in windowed mode but to no avail. I haven't tried reinstalling the game yet because its quite tedious to do that for me due to my slow ass internet connection.

I've tried looking this up but I couldnt find anyone else having a similar issue. Any help would be much appreciated. Also, I'm on Windows 10, if that helps.

Hello there, I recently got ahold of a steam copy of Saints Row 2. I've pretty much(?) installed everything required to make the game run properly (GOTR).

The game launches and runs fine for me (during the very first mission and freeroam etc) however when I try to do the Appointed Defender mission, it crashes during the courtroom cutscene, when the main character comes into the courtroom or something like that.

So far I've tried messing with the resolution, compability mode and running the game in windowed mode but to no avail. I haven't tried reinstalling the game yet because its quite tedious to do that for me due to my slow ass internet connection.

I've tried looking this up but I couldnt find anyone else having a similar issue. Any help would be much appreciated. Also, I'm on Windows 10, if that helps.
Do you have any other mod besides GOTR? like SuperUI or Combat Overhaul

Do you have any other mod besides GOTR? like SuperUI or Combat Overhaul

Ah no, I don't, only have the regular mods in GOTR installed. However my dumb ass discovered that cutscenes could actually be skipped lol. So I just skipped the cutscene and managed to complete the mission with no issues at all. That pretty much solved the issue. If I run into another problem in the future I'll get back to this forum again. ;)

Back