Changing the color of the street lights?

I notice that after you take over the city, the lights change color from a bright yellow to a blue. Personally, I preferred them when they were the former, it just made the city look more alive, y'know?

I think I came close once when I found the weather.xtbl, there were a few things about the street lights in there but I edited it with no luck.

Where do I start? What file controls the coloring of the street lights?

This looks like it is all done in the weather system. Take a look at weather_time_of_day.xtbl. Specifically the sections Alien Zone for settings when it is not controlled by you and City Takeover when it is.

No luck; I tried everything from editing the values manually to blatantly copy-and-pasting the code from Alien Zone to City Takeover.

I also tried editing some of the .todx files to the same result.

Did you alter the textures pointed to there? I understand it is very much a texture thing, but they are frustratingly small. Hopefully we can support better with more memory at a later time.

That I'm not sure, but I believe their names are in that table file. I would suggest using Minimaul's tool to try and locate them.

Pardon me if I'm stepping on any toes, but if this mod is any indication, I think external_cto_light_override.xtbl, plus a bit of tweak_table.xtbl editing, may be at least part of what you're looking for. It seems to control the street light and light source colors.

Looks like the tweak table edits are for the windows. I actually didn't know those changed color.

I'm currently editing the external_cto_light_override and it's actually the first that's given me any results; thanks, by the way.

EDIT:
Alright so I've finished editing the external_cto_light_override and so far most of the lights in the game are back to their orignal alien color, save for a good handful in some areas.

Last edited:
Back