Change peds?

Been playing a bunch recently and I started to wonder, since there are cheats to change all peds to things like Zombies, Mascots, and Pimps/Hos, does anyone know if there's a way to either modify those cheats or create new ones that allow you to change the peds to other things? I was thinking it would be really cool to be able to change all of them to Saints, SNG, specific Syndicate factions/etc.

Alternatively, is there a table file I can modify to increase the frequency of those types of NPCs spawning normally?

Hi Krieger,
I'm not sure about increasing spawning frequency or spawning locations but as a start you can just edit the character.xtbl and change names of spawned NPCs in that. This might be a good example mod: Female Soldiers
You can try editing it from there.

If Sandbox++ is compatible with the Remaster, you might be able to change some of the cheats to do what you want instead.

Just change the names? Isn't the rest of the information after the names the important stuff?

I've been trying out a few ideas just to see what happens. I actually changed all of the teams for the cops/SWAT/SNG NPCs in character.xtbl to Playas and that actually did make them all spawn in as friendlies (although cops stopped spawning on the streets when I had 0 notoriety) but for some reason they spawned in unarmed, so I assume there are other table files that would need to be changed for that to work.

I also thought I was being clever when I found this in spawn_info_categories.xtbl where it says:

<Name>sp_cat_Cheat_Zombie</Name>
<Groups>
<Group>
<Name>spawn_Civ_Zombies</Name>

So I tried changing spawn_Civ_Zombies to spawn_Gang_Saints thinking I could use the Zombie cheat to turn all NPCs into Saints, but all that did was cause the game to crash on startup, sadly.

Back