Car Colors

I was disappointed in the lack of color choices for cars in SR3, compared to the tons of colors that SR2 had. Specifically, I would like a nice regular blue color, the default blues are too light and look too female oriented to use on my cars.

If anybody can create a car color mod that either replaces the default colors or creates new color options, I would be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance.

If you extract the misc_tables vvp file you can then edit the vehicle_cust_color_pool xtable that has all of the color values used for vehicles. This way you can experament with values till you get what you like

use the tools from the tools section to unpack the misc_tables.vvp. Copy and paste the vehicle_cust_color_pool file to the root of our saints row insallation and then just edit it with a text editor.

That's damn nice of you, brother. Let me know what you come up with.
Thank you for the nice words, but I've been sitting on it for two hours and still nothing. The way Volition made it is quite weird, and I hope some day it will be possible to add new colors, but for now...

The way the colors work is that they are divided into groups. The default group is the matte group and is the first thing of colors you see. In this screenshot i edited the Candy Active Red color. In the menu when you fist look you dont see the green but if you select active red and get brought to the type selection you will see that the Candy version is bright green.

The way the colors work is that they are divided into groups. The default group is the matte group and is the first thing of colors you see. In this screenshot i edited the Candy Active Red color. In the menu when you fist look you dont see the green but if you select active red and get brought to the type selection you will see that the Candy version is bright green.
Yes, that is right, although I tried adding new colors, and this isn't yet possible, at least in my opinion.

Back