Call for mods on the workshop

[V] Knobby

Volition Staff
We are going to open the beta wider to anyone that wishes to opt in. It would be most helpful to have some mods available on the workshop for people. If you have anything you've been working on or that you've done please put it on the workshop. Note that this could happen as quickly as this week.

I've never uploaded anything to the Steam workshop. How easy is it to add/remove things? What I'd like to do is take some of the mods on here and go about converting them, with the authors' permission. I'm guessing when the official release happens it would be easy enough to pulla mod down and let the author reupload it under his/her name for proper accreditation. Wanted to check before I get too deep into this, though.

I've never uploaded anything to the Steam workshop. How easy is it to add/remove things? What I'd like to do is take some of the mods on here and go about converting them, with the authors' permission. I'm guessing when the official release happens it would be easy enough to pulla mod down and let the author reupload it under his/her name for proper accreditation. Wanted to check before I get too deep into this, though.
Minimaul's tool is quite easy if I say so myself. I think it's easy to do all the workshop things.

As Knobby already said it's pretty straightforward.

simple drag&drop.

Yeah, uploaded a mod last night. Minimaul's tool really takes any guesswork out of it.

Are there any guides around here explaining how to create asm and string mods? I found Minimaul's guide explaining the differences between the file types, but nothing that really goes into how to make a mod. I can convert the xtbl stuff easily but would like to go about converting some of the more complicated things eventually.

Probably worth mentioning I'd never done a Saints Row mod before last night. Though I had edited other mods for personal use. I'm a web development student, saw the workshop only had a few things in it, and decided to go about trying to get more in there.

Back