Broken iPod Touch Screen.

I've searched the internet and all I found was stupid questions with stupid answers. So I guess I'll ask myself. So after years of literally babying my iPod. The inevitable that is bound to happen to everyone.
The day your iPhone slips. Everything goes slow-motion.
You watch it fall to the point of no return. Frozen. Watching.
It hits the cold, hard, unforgiving cement. You stand there,
wondering if you dare look at what lies underneath.
You slowly pick it up,
and realize your fucked.
I know jailbreaking isn't illegal, so I have a few questions. I really don't want to un-jailbreak it if I don't have to as it's a bitch to tweak the settings when I re-jailbreak it.
So here are my questions:

1. Does Apple still SERVICE a jailbroken device?

2. If apple doesn't, does Best Buy or another store service jailbroken devices?

3. Does screen replacement touch the hard drive at all?

5. The Home Button is fine and survived, but it has gotten a little loose over the years and lost a little bit of responsiveness (but not extreme like having to press it 5 times for it to exit an app). When they replace the screen, will they replace the home button, or at least will it help bring back the stiffness to it?

6.When they do replace it, is it possible to have them replace it with a white vs black covering. Because right now mine's black. And they have the white version, so can they just...exchange the colors? If it's possible, does it cost more, how much more?

7. Where is the cheapest (yet still Apple-licensed) place I can go to to replace a screen?

A note to all of this, if it changes anything: I know it is only a screen crack, and not a heat-censor-internal-screen crack because it is still VERY precise and calibrated on all corners.
I DO NOT want any kind of craigslist stranger coming in my house to fix it for $20. I will only go to an Apple-licensed professional. And please answer these in the number fashion I did, so it's easier to understand. If all else fails, please tell me that I do need to un-jailbreak to do anything with replacement.

I've searched the internet and all I found was stupid questions with stupid answers. So I guess I'll ask myself. So after years of literally babying my iPod. The inevitable that is bound to happen to everyone.
The day your iPhone slips. Everything goes slow-motion.
You watch it fall to the point of no return. Frozen. Watching.
It hits the cold, hard, unforgiving cement. You stand there,
wondering if you dare look at what lies underneath.
You slowly pick it up,
and realize your fucked.
I know jailbreaking isn't illegal, so I have a few questions. I really don't want to un-jailbreak it if I don't have to as it's a bitch to tweak the settings when I re-jailbreak it.
So here are my questions:

1. Does Apple still SERVICE a jailbroken device?

2. If apple doesn't, does Best Buy or another store service jailbroken devices?

3. Does screen replacement touch the hard drive at all?
No need for it to.
4. A note to all of this, if it changes anything: I know it is only a screen crack, and not a heat-censor-internal-screen crack because it is still VERY precise and calibrated on all corners.

5. The Home Button is fine and survived, but it has gotten a little loose over the years and lost a little bit of responsiveness (but not extreme like having to press it 5 times for it to exit an app). When they replace the screen, will they replace the home button, or at least will it help bring back the stiffness to it?
Home button is usually separate.

6.When they do replace it, will I have an option to have them replace it with a white vs black covering. Because right now it's black, then they came out with white, so can they just...exchange the colors? If it's possible, does it cost more, how much more?
Not usually.

7. Where is the cheapest (yet still Apple-licensed) place I can go to to replace a screen?

I DO NOT want any kind of craigslist stranger coming in my house to fix it for $20. I will only go to an Apple-licensed professional. And please answer these in the number fashion I did, so it's easier to understand. If all else fails, please tell me that I do need to un-jailbreak to do anything with replacement.
Answered the few points I can ;)

Ok thanks. I will cross out numbers when I get there answers. And for the color-swap, you say "Not usually", but is it still possible to? I love white apple products.

Back